Teacher!!! Teacher!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRider

Reaction score
Man i wish i knew her in school. but man she is dumb....

http://www.wyff4.com/news/15270220/detail.html

GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. -- A teacher called deputies to her home in connection to a domestic violence complaint, but she ended up arrested instead when deputies said that they found a closet full of pot plants.

Greenville deputies said that Tyesha Nicole Barber, 23, called them and said that her husband had hit her. The deputies told Barber to wait for them outside her apartment on East North Street.
Barber teaches honors English at Southside High School.

The deputy said that he could see a bruise and swelling on the side of Barber's face where she said her husband had struck her. Barber told the deputies that her husband, Paul Barber, 24, was still inside the apartment, and gave them a key to go inside and look for him.
Deputies said that Barber kept telling them that she didn't want her husband to be in trouble, but they informed her that because of her visible injury, her husband would be charged with criminal domestic violence.
The deputies said when they entered the apartment they noticed a strong smell of marijuana. The deputies said that during the search for Paul Barber, they found 13 marijuana plants growing in a bedroom closet.
"We look in places a person would hide, a closet is big enough for a person," Master Deputy Michael Hildebrand said. "We opened the door and found the marijuana plants."
Deputies said that Nicole Barber was charged with manufacturing marijuana.
Investigators said that Barber's husband had left the apartment, so he has not yet been charged. They said while they were searching Barber's apartment, she was on the phone with her husband, and a deputy heard her husband tell her she was stupid for calling the police.
Master Deputy Michael Hildebrand said they are treating her as both a suspect and a victim.
"Just because she has marijuana or any other drug does not make her any less of a victim." He said.
Paul Barber will be charged with criminal domestic violence and manufacturing marijuana.
Oby Lyles, director of communications for Greenville County Schools, said that Nicole Barber has been placed on leave pending further investigation.
Lyles said that she is a first year teacher in the district and at Southside High. Barber taught English and literature classes at the school and also coached the color guard.
Barber is a graduate of Easley High School and Columbia College.
Her principal said she was shocked by the arrest. She said that Barber is an excellent teacher.
On Barber's personal Web site, she describes herself as high-spirited and she says teaching is her "calling."
As of Monday evening, she was still being held in the Greenville County Detention Center.

I'm surprised she didn't say "He hit me because he found out I was growing marijuana in the closet!!!" :D

she was on the phone with her husband, and a deputy heard her husband tell her she was stupid for calling the police
..with a closet grow, calling the police may not have been the wisest choice.. but good for her, for taking care of her physical/emotional safety..

Hopefully she gets off lightly :)

I'm so glad to see NO PRICE TAGS put on the plants.

She shouldn`t have to have been teaching with 5 million dollars worth of pot growing in the house. You know the 13 plants had a street value of at least 5 million dollars. Now when she gets out of jail she can start her life goal of working at buger hut.

Latest posts

Back