Temp. and mold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjb

Garage Grower
Reaction score
How will the lower temps affect humidity and mold development. Its hard to keep my humidity down already and it is about to get cold.

That depends on wheree you live. Typically in NC, when it gets cooler the humidity also drops off considerably. Scientifically speaking, colder air holds less moisture than warmer air, so when it gets cold outside, even if it is higher humidity, when you pull the air in and warm it up, the RH will drop, which will make it less humid in the grow space. In most cases, winter months are easier to control humidity than summer months, unless you are in an area that has monsoonal air patterns that cause more moisture in winter and dry periods in summer.

If you have issues with humidity, increasing the temps in the grow so that the RH will lower, and increasing the air flow through the grow space will help some. But if that doesn't help enough to get you down into the 45-60% range, then you may have to look at getting a dehumidifier to control it. :)

Thanks, that's a relief. I've been fighting humidity all summer and fall and I will like the winter humidity.

Latest posts

Back