Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My carbon filter is 12 lbs and 18 in. Is that what most of you have or smaller?

Lookin good dontknowmuch! I used to have a 4x4 tent and I was also nervous about it holding up but it never did colapse. When I bought a new tent I got one that was 3x2 (I think) and it was much more sturdy then my bigger one.

Yo Multi, did you get the Iced Grapefruit from female seeds?

I run a 4x4x6.5 flower tent and hve two lights, a 6 inch inline fan and a hvy *** carbon filter (that I don't even use) hanging in it. No problems. I even hve a bit of junk on top of the tent...lol. It's sturdy.

OK I got the big hurkin carbon filter hung up, I will have to bend the duct a bit to get it to the hood ( hood not center in pic). Now I need to figure out the 6" fan inside or outside of the tent. I Have seen where some of you put a turbo fan on top of the tent, could I maybe put my inline fan on top through the top vent? Also a couple questions with my 600w digi ballast. does the timer plug into the surge protector or plug the surge into the timer ? Also if I am not hanging the ballast is it best to set it on a brick or something? thanks.

This is starting to get fun again! ahh one more thing. You can't see in the pic but the passive intake hole is on the bottom left side, with my carb sucking air from the above right, Should this acheive the "vacum effect"?

veg 022.jpg

veg 023.jpg

Hamster Lewis said:
I run a 4x4x6.5 flower tent and hve two lights, a 6 inch inline fan and a hvy *** carbon filter (that I don't even use) hanging in it. No problems. I even hve a bit of junk on top of the tent...lol. It's sturdy.

Hey Ham maybe all that junk on top is holding all together. :D

So Multi do you recomend that Grapefruit? Ive had my eye on it and its pretty cheap.

Oh Boy, so all the vent holes in the tent are only 5 inches, no problem for my intake but my fan and hood are 6", I could have just set the fan on top of the tent but with the reducer I will have to use it won't sit flush, only solution I can think of at the moment is 6 to 4 reducers from the end of the hood run 4" inch out of tent hole and another reducer to fan..Unless I want to try to cut the hole bigger? any thoughts?

Hey DKM , looks like we have the same set up. I would say ,be careful with those reducers ,so you don't restrict air flow too much. With the cooler weather coming it will prolly be ok ,but you'll want to have that vacuum power when you need it. Is your ducting flexible? If that hole is only 5" you should be able to sorta squeeze a 6" in ,if it is a flexhose. I had similar issue, but if you squeeze it smaller and pull it thru , one spiral at a time ,it will go. I figured it was better than cutting a new hole.

Funny how everyone has junk on their tents.

dontknowmuch said:
Hey Ham maybe all that junk on top is holding all together. :D

Lol.....cld be.:D

dontknowmuch said:
Oh Boy, so all the vent holes in the tent are only 5 inches, no problem for my intake but my fan and hood are 6", I could have just set the fan on top of the tent but with the reducer I will have to use it won't sit flush, only solution I can think of at the moment is 6 to 4 reducers from the end of the hood run 4" inch out of tent hole and another reducer to fan..Unless I want to try to cut the hole bigger? any thoughts?

A cpl questions...doesn't your tent hve passive intakes at the bottom? You don't need to run an actual intake. As for the vent holes being 5 inches. You might be able to barely get by anyway. the ducting is 6 inches at the metal wire that runs through it but the crinkly silver stuff is pliable and with a little work you can probably work it in there. Then everything that connects to it will still fit on the ends and the parts that go through the tent will be a little squished but you shld still get good airflow. I will take pics of my current layout tonight when I water but basically I get by with one 6 inch inline fan....that is it. I pull the air from the tent creating negative pressure which draws fresh cooler air in along the bottom passive intakes. The negative pressure also keeps odors at bay and I have yet to hve had to run a carbon filter. I hve one hung in case but hve yet to use it. I vent the hot Dank smelling air out a window. It is a second floor bedroom so no one is the wiser.

jmo

Ham, yes I just have the one 6" fan for pulling air and passive intakes- one 5 inch vent hole with sleeve, and three of the flapped covered . Is your fan inside your tent? my big gripe was I wanted to lay the fan on top of the tent but it won't fit in the smaller hole. Thanks for advice.

I got it on ebay and the description said fit many sizes of duct because of the sleeve set up. I can't find any brand name, not even on the instructions . And it was shipped from Canada

I knew it! LOL " Blame Canada, blame Canada " ( south park rerun in my head)

Maybe it was a metric 6" hole. Lol

Sol said:
Hey DKM , looks like we have the same set up. I would say ,be careful with those reducers ,so you don't restrict air flow too much. With the cooler weather coming it will prolly be ok ,but you'll want to have that vacuum power when you need it. Is your ducting flexible? If that hole is only 5" you should be able to sorta squeeze a 6" in ,if it is a flexhose. I had similar issue, but if you squeeze it smaller and pull it thru , one spiral at a time ,it will go. I figured it was better than cutting a new hole.

Funny how everyone has junk on their tents.

I tried Sol but all I acheived was poking the end of the spiraL wire into my hand..Maybe if I bought some Ducting from Canada it would work...I am either going to run the reducer from the fan and run 4" out of the hole. or cut the darn thing. Are you saying you have the same tent with sleeves and 5" holes? I also have three flapped vent with covers on the inside but no velcro . I still love my tent and will make it work somehow

Anyone ever cut a hole in there tent? If so how did that go? Either way I am going to have to cut one of the sleeves off so I can manage the ducting better. Is there any other way besides using a reducer to connect 6" flex ducting to 4" felx ducting? My thinking is the reducer is so long, I was hoping to just use a few inches of 6" flex from the fan and try to mickey mouse it to the 4" that fits in the tent hole. Also do you use clamps, Aluminum Tape or duct tape to secure you flex duct? I noticed with my clamps that it rips the flex duct under the screw where you tighten the clamp

PuffinNugs said:
i dont think any of them have velcro. they need to stay open since those are your passive intakes. make sure you clean the dust out of them, especailly the one in back that you have to pretty much take everything out to get too.

oh I see, I thought I could velcro those shut and just use the one 5 inch vent hole at the bottom of the tent for intake, I don't need to velcro for air tight but one of the flaps dosen't hang flat down so there is some light escaping...no biggie though,the room I have it in is light tight. I also studied and browsed every tent on the internet before I purchase and it was the best price and I thought the sleeves would have been a good way to go because of the way they described it would fit many if not most sized ducts. Well maybe if the frikin hole was bigger than 5 flippin inches!!...Maybe down the road I will get a better tent for flower and use this one for veg but I gotta do what I gotta do and make this work for now.

i dont beleive they work on the tents with the sleeves though[/quote]

It is missing one sleeve now:D But the hole is still 5 inch, I ran a reducer through it and,,well you will see when I post some pics..very mickey mouse but it is working, Ran the tent for a couple hours to test and was 78 degrees with fan on half

So I woke up this morning and the tent was almost 100 degrees!!! The dang fan speed controler went kapooie! HTG is sending me a new one, but I won't be able to get to my mailbox til the 1st of dec. Guess I will have to run it full tilt. Or I go buy another one local to me now I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have an extra for back up. Oh and it gets better, I have water leaking from outside into my room from under the wall, I cant seal it until the weather gets dry and the forcast is rain for at least the next two weeks. It's not a ton of water and only a small section of the wall. Just keeping a towel there and an evil eye

Latest posts

Back