Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcduck said:
Jeepers :eek: keep me away from these holiday sales, I just bought another tent.:)

Now I have a flower and veg tent I am waiting on.

I least I will be able to do a comparison between two different brands:)

Lol...you sound like me when I bought a cpl tents. :) I think you will enjoy having your grows in tents. Makes everything a lot easier imo.

Looking great everyone! Hammy ive been doing more and more reading on this thread as of late, great job!
Right now I'm torn between building a "room" made of reflective white/black mylar, 2x4's and some ingenuity, or just buying a Secret Jardin DR120.
I like the thought of the DR120 because its so neat and sleek. The latter wouldn't be so much. Holiday sales now are great too. Time to buy a present for myself? Anyone recommend a DR120 Knock-off on ebay?

THANKS!
Drfting07

Glad this thread can be of some help to people considering a tent or in pc's case two. Lol
I hve three cheap knockoff type tents all from eBay....they all still work great but you gotta do some research before buying off eBay.

Yeah much research.

I bought the veg tent off ebay, but I bought the flower tent off a big internet store. Figured that light leaks were more important during flower so I went with a bit better(?) tent for that. I gonna find out that is for sure:)

Thanks again Hamster, i am very happy with my new tent as well. Way to go Duck...two must be better then one.

Rosebud said:
Thanks again Hamster, i am very happy with my new tent as well. Way to go Duck...two must be better then one.

No problem Rose....I am glad I cld help. Once you try a tent you are hooked.:)

I mostly liked the idea of the quick take down at first, but after researching for a while I seen more and more benefits popping up for going with the tents. I also found this

hXXp://www.greners.com/expertadvice/grow-tent-review.html

It is a grow tent review with ratings
They may be a bit bias but it gives ya something to read.:)

I put a photo of my tent up on the grow journal. I can put it here too if needed.

shawnchez420 said:
I just got a 4x4 hydrohut silver addition an would like to join this group

Post up a pic or two of your set up in this thread and pick a number that has not been taken already...and if you didn't sign up in the group membership section do that when you can. It shld all be explained in the first post of this thread.

Couchlocked said:
I put a photo of my tent up on the grow journal. I can put it here too if needed.

If it's not too much trouble can you post a pic or two in this thread? Or at least link us to the thread with your set up. Thanks. And pick a number that is not taken. Welcome to the TGC guys.

Oh man I miss my tent:( :doh: . I will be getting another one this spring. Until then Ill be watching.

Here is a pic of what is going on in the tent at the moment. Still a while away from the flip. 4 x 4 x 6.5 tent. 4 65w 6500k CFL's in veg. Quantum 600 digital/dimmable ballast in flower. Pro-Mix soil in a pot that is somewhere in the 75+ liter range. I think it is more but 75 sounds good. Not quite sure yet what is in the pot but will know before she is flowered when the one of clones I took lets me know.

I will take number 75 as well.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59334

I just want to get my tents. Fed-duh-X has already given me 3 delivery exceptions. I guess that is better then 10 like they have before. I guess I need to put a sign up with an arrow pointing to my driveway since the 4" numbers on my mail box is not enough. After this I will not buy anything from anyone that is using Fed-duh-X as their delivery service. I am also thinking of putting up a billboard telling everyone that drives by of my dissatisfaction with them. I bet they find me then after a couple 100 thousand people drive by and see the billboard. All I can say is use the brown truck guys they never have a problem finding me.

pcduck said:
I just want to get my tents. Fed-duh-X has already given me 3 delivery exceptions. I guess that is better then 10 like they have before. I guess I need to put a sign up with an arrow pointing to my driveway since the 4" numbers on my mail box is not enough. After this I will not buy anything from anyone that is using Fed-duh-X as their delivery service. I am also thinking of putting up a billboard telling everyone that drives by of my dissatisfaction with them. I bet they find me then after a couple 100 thousand people drive by and see the billboard. All I can say is use the brown truck guys they never have a problem finding me.

ThAt sucks pc......glad it wasn't us causing you all the trouble. On my rte I hve a problem with people not putting numbers on their house or mailbox....it's like I am supposed to be psychic.:) I am thinking of ordering house numbers in bulk and sticking them in all my customers mail boxes as a Xmas present.:D Mightbea lil obnoxious though.:p

Removed the screen and tied her down. A couple shots of her.

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00818.JPG

Just put up my 5x5 tent. its alot bigger than expected lol. light is still on the way. it almost seems like the 1000w might not be enough. thoughts and opinions?

Well I finally received my tents:woohoo:

Here is a little comparison between the two that I have noticed so far.

The tents are a 2x4x6.5 Gromedics and a 4x4x6.5 Secret Jardin Darkroom II 120.

They both took about 10 minutes to assemble.
The Gromedics frame and corner pieces are not as sturdy as the DRII.
The DRII light hangers are the same size as the frame, where the Gromedics is just heavy wire.
They both have sleeves for the vents and ties. The Gromedics you actually have to tie them where the DRII is a slide and lock that are like what is on coats. The DRII also had more vents but it is a bigger tent so maybe that is why. The DRII has double sewn sleeves where as the Gromedics is a single.
The DRII has 1 door and 2 reach thru windows. The Gromedics has french doors.
The passive air vents flaps for the Gromedics are in the inside, which I would think would be hard to open and close when full of plants. The DRII passive air vents flaps are on the outside which would be hard to reach if up against a wall, still like the DRII's better.
The DRII has sleeves especially for power cords, the Gromedic does not.
Now for the biggy, light leaks. The Gromedics had numerous light leaks around the vents, corners and anywhere the sewer got off their line which are many. The DRII did not have any of those bad sewing light leaks. It is dark in there.

The Gromedics I will use for vegging and that is it.

The DRII I would highly recommend, The only thing wrong so far with the DRII is the carry case ripped when trying to place the tent back in it. I was practicing taking them up and down just for emergencies and while trying to stuff it back in it ripped.

The price of the Gromedics a 2x4 with shipping $81. The price of the DRII a 4x4 with shipping $197

Latest posts

Back