The beer thread!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, did someone say Newcastle? Won't toss a Harp out of the boat in a storm and to go way back for Mutt, I'll drink a Pete's Wicked anyday. Like my hops toasted.

Nobody can touch Maine's Micro Brews! I think we might have the most Breweries per capita. Geary's Pale Ale and Shipyard are my favorites but there are many more.

what kinda beer goes good with homework? anybody?
last night, I discovered that Guinness helps ease heartburn...
(trade secrets)?

Purps is back so--what's that kick butt beer you guys have down there? It's like 12-13% alcohol. Something like Thomas Crown but that was a movie.

berserker said:
Love my Michalobe LAGER

The first beer I ever had was a week or so after the first time I got busted.
I decided it was time to try a legal high, so I bought a sixer of Old Munich for 99 cents (1970).
Ever since then, I only like really cheap, no name American beer. It's the only beer that tastes right to me. I cant stand "good" beer. Gimmee good ole cheap American swill.

Lass

PencilHead said:
Purps is back so--what's that kick butt beer you guys have down there? It's like 12-13% alcohol. Something like Thomas Crown but that was a movie.

Does anybody remember Old Frothingslosh, the Stale, Pale Ale with the Head on the Bottom?
Im serious. It used to come out just for the Christmas season. It tasted like regular beer, but the cans were GREAT. Each can was different in the six pack--but all were pics of ginormous fat ladies in bathing suits.

If Im lyin, Im dyin.

Lass

I fullon agree with LassChance. The cheap beer is better. Expensive brands taste like crap to me. To much junk in it or techniques involved and it spoils it for me. I just dont like the flavor of extra hops, or aged ales and such.

I love me some Steel Reserve most. Olde English, Miller High Lifes, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Old Milwaukee follows.
My daily drinkers are the Pabst and OM though.

The cheap beer I used to love was Schoenling Little Kings until I sobered up enough to see the stuff floating on the bottom. We affectionatly called them Chain Links.

Spearchucker, do they even still make Pabst? I grew up close enough to toss a rock at the Pabst plant in GA. Red-necks, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer--that's my heritage, baby. And that's why I escaped when I was very young.

Yes they make PBR still, just seen a guy buy a 12 pack at the store a few minutes ago. My fav. "cheap" beer is Blatz in the little brown barrel bottles grew up drinking them by the cases. Now as far as name brands I like any thing in green bottles, Heineken, little kings, rolling rock ect..when I do drink whitch is once in a blue moon...take care..

Yea they still make PBR. lol
Its my golfing beer mainly. Reach in the cooler and yank out my Blue Ribbon with the huge Orange 2inch around sticker on them saying 2/$1 on it.

Actually saw that movie Grand Torino because of PBR. Couple young guys came up to me at the course and were sayin Clint was hammering some Pabsts all movie long. I let them try a couple.

heineken, blue moon, blue moon, sam adams summer brew, mgd, and my gf's brother in law's home brew

PencilHead said:
until I sobered up enough to see the stuff floating on the bottom.

:confused:

I have some news for you, if you seed stuff floating at the bottom, you aint sober :p

:peace:

Black Butte Pale Ale...or the Porter.

Franziskaner.
All Franziskaner weiss beers are brewed in strict adherence to the Bavarian Purity Law of 1516.

hxxp://www.franziskaner.com/

...and a pint of Mead.

stuff floating at the bottom..hmmmm

sounds like a mafia scuba diving adventure for the recently retired.

you cant be sober if you see stuff floating at the bottom and still drink it, unless its Tequila.

Rolling Rock, they just taste like candy to me; especially ice cold on a very hot day in the shade.

Ommegang, rare vos, 3 philosophers, hennepin for the fall and winter
corona with lime slice, mike's hard lemon, lime and twisted tea for the summer

great thread so many people to agree with to start, petes wicked, smiethicks, amber bock, any micro wheat beer, the shipyard is good someone mentioned that. one day someone called me for a beer survey LOL it was great they asked me like 200 beers if i had tried them and when i had drank them last. had them on the phone for like an hour. but new castle on draught is my favorite, my pub has like 20 imports on tap. i love beer. my gf hates beer tequila lover.

Latest posts

Back