The best way to dry...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lerona

Reaction score
Is it best to dry upside down with the roots or with them chopped off? I've also heard of boiling the roots then flipping plant upside down instantly to hang.

Has anyone heard of this method before..?

Thanks in advance

I have heard, and tried it, it works, cut the bottom stem, then cut 45 degree notch on the stem, let air go in the center of the stem, (and hang it upside) let it dry, it will dry faster...

its only for people who want to dry it quicker and has no patients for potent high... people who wait too long will get potent HIGH! :eek:

I was kinda thinking about boiling the roots method just to see if it helps or not.

smoky anda bandit said:
I cut off the branches and dry on screens, works wonders.
how long on the screens befor going into the jars to cure ???

i trim all leaves off and even baby trim leaves- throw them in a box to dry for hash. hang the buds upside down until a lil crispy on the outside. then bag in paper bags with buds not touching for a few days ...the outside will get soft agian....then jar and burp twice a day for 30minutes to an hour a piece until stems snap and then smoke!

does proper drying/curing really increase potency ????

cool,.... i'll be harvesting my indicas in about 6 weeks....tryin' to get a handle on the best way to do it....thanks

uh I like the way time4tokin420s sayin, I ll go with puff monkey syle of dryin'
anyone heard of a "peiece of enevople, wet wrapped paer towel, in the tupper ware, one corner lid open" in 6 min of defost in microwave?
check, and air cool every min which is 15 min pre harvest

dnt wanna steal the thread, but why do we hang it upside down?? just so it can be hung? because obviously you can't hang it from the buds... correct?

SirSmoke-a-Lot said:
dnt wanna steal the thread, but why do we hang it upside down?? just so it can be hung? because obviously you can't hang it from the buds... correct?

It's just easier to hang,makes it easier to give a finish trim,and it makes nice looking nugs.Plus by putting it on a screen you have a chance of ripping off trichomes.

what about hanging it but on its side? like two hangers holding it up but it is lying straight/flat, not touching anything

time4tokin20s said:
It doesn't increase levels but it doesn't decrease levels like quick dry methods.Also does wonders for the taste.
"Curing" does increase the potency, in so much that it provides for metabolic process to continue to convert non-psychoactive cannabinoids into psycho active.
Cannabinoid Conversion

Naturally, as the metabolic processes continue during curing, the conversion of cannabergerol to tetrahydrocannabinol will continue and the potency of the pot will increase. This is because cannabergerol (CBG) is the non-psychoactive precursor for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Of course, the exact change in THC content will necessarily be dependant upon the concentration of CBG in the fresh material at harvest. Of course any remaining precursors necessary to form additional cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabinoids will also be consumed and converted.
hxxp://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/1680.htm

How long should you let it hang before bagging and then jar burping..?

Just trying to not mess her up, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back