The Contribution Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarPassion

Administrator
Reaction score
Here we are with a new contest. :D

This contest is something special. It will be good for us all.

Let me explain.

We want to make a better growing directory, something like a GROWFAQ. We like to see there Q&A, Grow tutorials, DIY articles, Strain Reviews etc.

We're asking all members to help out by answering common questions you see on the forum.

Questions like:

[*]Why is the stem of my plant purple?
[*]How many WATTS of light do i need for my grow room
[*]Help, yellow leaves and brown spots on my plants.
[*]Step by step how to setup a DWC bubbler[/LIST][/LIST]Etc.

Or by making articles or tutorials of questions people have.

Have a look at a good example of a step by step tutorial here

The more detailed your answers or tutorial the better it is. If you can add pictures even better. You can browse all pages on this site and use the pictures you see. These are pictures submitted by our members and free to use here.

Don't go and steal content from other sites, that is not allowed. And we can very simple check out if you've stolen content or not. If you do, you risk your membership status.

You can submit multiple entries. The more the better.

This contest will be running until the end of this month December.

At the end of the month members will be voting the winner.

The prize for the winner will be a secret. But all the mods and myself promise you that it will be a great prize ;)

A good way for answering question is by looking to answers on other sites, don't just go copy and paste these answers but rewrite them into your own words. That's totally legal, nothing wrong with that.

Remember that this contest is not only about winning. See it as helping this site and community all together. You can choose to have your member name added at the end of your article.

All submissions can be used by us to put in the directory. This way we will be building the growing directory as the contest is still going on.

Submission will go like this:

Reply to this post and use the title of the post as the question or title of your article. In the post itself you type the answer. If you are adding pictures use the attach button and if you want to use them between your text do something like this: [DWCpicture1] use that between the text you want hat picture added and name your picture that you attach the same so I can see where it belongs.

I think that's all. If you have any questions just reply here also. I hope everything is clear and we wish everyone much success. Let us build some nice growing guide together where we all can be proud on :)

Good luck everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/growing/

Contributors so far:

Alian Bait => http://www.marijuanapassion.com/growing/how-to-germinate-seeds-using-the-paper-towel-method.html
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/growing/how-to-make-keif-using-panty-hose.html

Miss Lead => http://www.marijuanapassion.com/growing/how-to-roll-a-joint.html

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT => http://www.marijuanapassion.com/growing/cleaning-your-glass-pipe.html

Dubbaman => http://www.marijuanapassion.com/growing/germinating-marijuana-seeds-in-rock-wool.html

allgrownup => http://www.marijuanapassion.com/growing/make-a-quad-cfl-.html

MarPassion said:
Don't go and steal content from other sites, that is not allowed. And we can very simple check out if you've stolen content or not. If you do, you risk your membership status.

Can we steal the content from other sites if we are the authors of that content? For example, I wrote a step-by-step tutorial on how to germinate seeds with pictures and everything. Could I re-use that here? :hubba:

Yes if you are the author then it's ok ofcourse :)

Hey MarP, what if we have a how-to from way back on this forum we want to submit? just put the link here?

Hey MarP, just an idea but once its a finished Grow Guide why not get permission form all who have contributed and make it a sellable item to genetrate more funding for the site to run off of.:hubba:

Please, are these to be used to update the main page?

MarPassion said:
The more detailed your answers or tutorial the better it is. If you can add pictures even better. You can browse all pages on this site and use the pictures you see. These are pictures submitted by our members and free to use here.

Can any member here use any other member's pictures here for submission?

All of mine are free for taking. Words too. Please exclude references.

Really sounds like a good idea.

well, guess this is also a great way for little growers like myself to download ALL kinds of stuff...since i'm benefitting from the contest, it'll be like a prize, and since i'm getting a prize i must be a winner...kewl, guess i better celebrate by a victory blaze...pass to you marP, great idear:48:

the real prize to me will be all the extra things ill learn from trying to do a great post :hubba: :bong2: and read:bong1: and read:rofl:

Here is my version of the paper towel method. I usually only grow a couple of plants at a time so I like to see the root before I put it into a rockwool cube, just to make sure I'm not completely wasting my time. So far, I've had 100% germination rate (been lucky, I guess).

Items needed:
Seed
Paper Towel
Tap Water (I've read that the chlorine in tap water helps kill any germs. Doesn't seem to hurt the seed)
2 tea cup saucers or small plates

1).. Wet the paper towel with tap water and squeeze out enough so that the towel is damp and not wet. Fold the towel so that it will fit in the plate.

2).. Set the paper towel on a plate and put the seed on the towel.

Seed-1.jpg

Seed-2.jpg

3).. Fold the damp paper towel over the seed and cover with the other plate.

Seed-3.jpg

4).. Place the plates with the towel and seed on top of something warm like a seedling mat, fluorescent light fixture, cable box or computer case. Now is a good time to start soaking your rockwool cube(s) if you use them.

5).. Check them twice a day (about every 12 hours) to see if the root has popped. The root in this picture popped after about 48 hours.

Germ-1.jpg

6).. Plant the seed root down in whatever medium (soil, jiffy, rockwool, etc.) you use. In my case, I will use a rockwool cube that has been soaking in water with a PH of 5.5. I shake out the extra water from the cube so that it is wet, but not sopping or dripping.

7).. Put your newly planted seedling in a warm area (around 75-80 degrees F). I put it under a Fluroescent light that is running 24/0 just to keep it warm. Make sure you keep the rockwool/soil moist. Do not let it dry out!

8).. In a couple of days, it should break the surface.

Germ-2.jpg

Good Luck!:)

By the way, if you are curious how this one turned out, here is a picture of her right before harvest (8.3 ounces final dry weight).

WW-H1.jpg

Hey MarP, what if we have a how-to from way back on this forum we want to submit? just put the link here?

What you mean Mutt? If you wrote it yourself it's ok :)

Hey MarP, just an idea but once its a finished Grow Guide why not get permission form all who have contributed and make it a sellable item to genetrate more funding for the site to run off of.

Sell it? Don't know if people will pay for it. And not many credit card companies let you sell these type of information. Lets put it up for free on the site.

Please, are these to be used to update the main page?
I will make a seperate part for it on this site yes.

Can any member here use any other member's pictures here for submission?

All of mine are free for taking. Words too. Please exclude references.

Really sounds like a good idea.

I was thinking that anyone could use the pictures, however some might not agree with it. I don't see a real problem as long as the pictures are used to explain the answer in more detail.

MarPassion said:
Sell it? Don't know if people will pay for it. And not many credit card companies let you sell these type of information. Lets put it up for free on the site.

I really ment more like a MP growing Book kinda like The MP version of the Closet Cultivator. It could be printed up and sold through head shops and on the site. Just an idea.

Where are these write ups to be placed?
Is there going to be a forum for submitted articles or just put into the appropriate forum?

You will need the following before getting started with your cleaning.

(1) 91% Isopropyl Alcohol

(2) Bowl

(3) Cotton Swabs

(4) The piece you are cleaning

This is for cleaning a pipe. First place your pipe in the bowl. Then add your Iso to the bowl so it's covering it. Depending how dirty it is let sit for 20 or 30 minutes and begin wiping with your cotton swabs. Before you know it you have a brand new pipe.

100_0636.jpg

100_0637.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0639.jpg

100_0640.jpg

ok here's mine. Thanks to DLtoker for showin me this!

joint rolling a like riding a bike. and also a good skill to have. :afroweed:

this is what my dad tought me and it's really the key I think.

"Roll from the middle - out. dont worry about the shake that falls out the ends. and when you're done rolling, just pinch the ends real good"

first. crease the paper towards the bottom.

J1.JPG

then fill. put the goods in the middle and leave a little empty at the ends.

J2.JPG

then, holding in the middle, start rolling back and forth to 'shape' the goods. see how I'm holding in the center? not worrying about the ends. you will obviously be using both hands. lol

J3.JPG

then, start the roll. unroll as far as possible without emptying the thing. then, with the tips of your thumbnails, tuck the end of the paper in. and start rollin slowly. with rhythm. notice that I'm still not doing anything with the ends.

J5.JPG

still rolling. still not paying attention to the ends

J6.JPG

then when you get the end where all you can see is the sticky strip, lick it, and finish rolling. THEN you may pinch and twist the ends as you see fit.

J7.JPG

light it up!

Latest posts

Back