The Duck's Nest Fall '09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel ya pc...I hve lost my fair share of beans and seedlings so far with my fall grow...the seedlings hurt the most though...looking good one day and dead the next...I am sure you will get it rolling soon enough though...

Thanks for stopping by Irish, ZipFlip, and Hamster Lewis:ciao:

Irish I use a CWP Accurate 2 Ph meter. The plant with slimy roots, ph was also off. Not sure if this was from the slimy roots or what but she has perked up great since the H2O2 bath and rez change.

I thought about the black tubing but did not like the idea of the black absorbing light/heat from my lamp.I do have black couplers that are connected to my lid top and was hoping that these would reduce most if not all of the light entering/ reflecting into the rez from the tubing.I think my biggest problem was ants in the pants and wanting to get something going inside.:laugh: Thanks for the tips...Oh and I use GH PH up & down for adjusting.

zipflip Yes it has been a strange summer here. We were in the low 70's during the day and 50's at night, so I decided to start the indoors. I did that and the temps shot up to high 80's during the day and mid 70's most of the night. Would only hit high 60's right before daybreak. Hopefully we can get this garden back on track once the temps settle down.

Hamster Lewis I have been reading of your perils as well:confused: That is what happened to mine also looking great one day the next day doa. I am sure we both will get it going here soon enough and I sure do not want this to continue. I am assuming it was temp related since that is the only thing going haywire at the moment.

thekat_420 I thought about that reflective material, but just wanted to keep it simple. That and I still wanted my buckets to be able to expel heat. The purpose of painting them white was so they would not absorb the light/heat from the lamp. Thanks for stopping.

hey pc, what's your strategy for dealing with the slime on the roots? just rinse and res change?

Thanks for the question ishnish:ciao:

I followed The Brothers Grunt H2O2 sticky for slimy roots, which can be found in the hydroponics section.....I might have been high and just put down H2O before instead of H2O2..sorry

Well it has been just over a week and everything is starting to green up again. They went though some shock, high temps, and slimy roots, but all in all they are not all that bad. Every time the temps get to normal outside they take off and temps should be back to normal by this weekend.

100_1662.JPG

lookin good..always a nice feelin to get the girls back in shape...good job so far and BTW great pic of your newly re-done space in the beginning...;)

Thank you for swinging in and all the well wishes ishnish, blunt man, TURKEYNECK, and cmd420.

Got them green again :D

Also an equipment update: Bought a new 460 cfm 6" Vortex Inline fan and a 4' T-5, 4 lamp @ 6500K for my veg cab.

100_1683.JPG

100_1685.JPG

Hey they're looking great duck :)
Im gettin ready to build a veg cab myself, got'ny pointers ?

Looks like a pretty sweet hydro system you've got going there

Thanks for stopping by RiskyPack and chris1974:ciao:

Quick 2nd update for today: took a break from trimming the OD and planted 2 more Spacecases. Planted one in Rapid Rooter and one in Rockwool. Never have used Rockwool before to start seeds with.

chris1974 said:
Im gettin ready to build a veg cab myself, got'ny pointers ?

No matter what type of light, the room still needs ventilation.:cool:

Thanks for checking my girls out TurkeyNeck:D

The cooler temps, patience, and a slight ph adjustment does wonders. They have rebounded so fast, they have left me scrambling to get the bloom nutes stirring.:laugh:

Looking sweet again pc....god I forgot how fast they grow in Hydro...I might need to gve it another shot...I am thinking of adding 1 Auto to my grow and growing it Hydroponically...Lots of GREEN MOJO for you....

Nice turn around duck...I too have issues at first start up due to weather outside...Mine are starting to grow now as the outside temps get where I like them...Buckets look good..do you feel painting the buckets di ya better? cant wait to run My DWC...Maybe around Christmas again ya Know. Maybe run a Bubba Kush...I have succesfully cloned 5 of 6...2 had great root structure..and 3 had Mass bumps...okay MOJO for the Grow:lama:

Dropping in on your grow, your girls look wonderful now. Sorry to hear bout the problems, but looks like you got that all worked out.....good job!

Latest posts

Back