The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Owl.....don't let these idiots get away with this 'spill'....there are all kinds of laws governing sewage and it's disposal.....and it isn't supposed to run down on your property, or rented property.....

I bought a house once that wasn't hooked up to the local sewer district and they were charging me monthly user fees plus they posted a tax lien on the property for hook-up fees and user fees....it was a nightmare but four years later, and several letters from their rotten lawyer who threatened me with fines of $150 daily to hook up, it all came to an end when my house burned down....but the fight was a daily high....do what you feel is right, but it is fun to play the game.....remember, you are the 'injured party'....pee-dude

I totally agree Painter...laws on sewage are on the books. They got whole departements that are set up to handle sewage problems......I think the Health Department would be my FIRST stop on that road.

Good to see the Group agian....dang fine to see you all!

Awwwww....so sweet!

After months of research, I finally purchased a vaporizer. I wanted a decent vaporizer somewhere in the $125-175 range, and found many excellent vaporizers to choose from in this price range.

I previoiusly owned an el-cheapo vaporizer, the glass globe type, with the bowl soldered to the heating element. It was impossible to get it to heat evenly, and when it was warm enough to vaporize the herb, it quickly burned it, leaving behind a horrible burned popcorn taste and smell. I also never really got any vapor from it, mainly smoke. Why bother with a plug-in unit at all if you can't get consistent vaporization? If I want smoke, I can hit a doobie, a pipe or a bong. They taste a whole lot better!

After much waffling, I decided on the DaBuddha vaporizer because of the quality of components, nearly identical to the higher priced sister made by the same company, The Silver Surfer. The daBuddha is fairly new, and there aren't nearly as many reviews on it as there are of the Silver Surfer. But I found them nearly identical in the most important ways. Plus, I liked the 3 year warranty, and the many comments on how good the customer service department was, and that the daBuddha came with a really excellent carrying case.

The only negative thing I can say about it is the directions are less than helpful. If you don't know how to put a vaporizer together, or even what the parts look like, then you're going to have to hit youtube or write the company (they promise to answer within 24 hours) for details.

Once I figured out how to assemble it, I was absolutely thrilled when the first time I tried it, I was able to get just the right temperature and not fry the herb black. Also, I kept waiting for the tube to fill up with smoke, as the old one did, but that never happened. At the right temperature, there is no smoke, only vapor. When you suck on the tube, you think you are only inhaling pure air. But when you exhale, you see a fine white mist. That's how you know it's vaporizing at the right temperature. Good taste, no smoke, no coughing.

My immune system has been really compromised this year, so smoking has been particularly difficult, and thrown me into coughing spasms. Since I count on my herb to work as pain control and an aid to sleep, I have been just enduring the pain I live with since I could rarely smoke enough to make it effective.

Finally, I can get a great dosage, and toke as much as I want without getting a raw throat or coughing. And wow, it really DOES intensify the high, as well as lengthen it. Without that horrible burned popcorn taste the cheap vapes give off.

The glass fittings for the daBuddha are excellent, and fit perfectly together--the fitting ends are ground glass, so the fit is snug, yet still easy enough to twist off and refill the wand.

The base is beautifiully weighted so it doesn't tip over or isn't easily knocked off the table--even by my effervescent dogs.

The carrying case is very thickly padded, with a beautiful natural brown hemp outside fabric, with a heavy duty zipper running all down one side, and a draw-string on the top with a quick release clasp.
On the outside is a large pocket, and there are 3 pockets on the inside, as well.

I'm more than happy with my purchase, and totally hooked now on using a vaporizer. Granted, it's not as portable as a pipe or doobie. but it has so many plusses that I don't mind staying in one place for a few minutes to take in a few tokes.

I don't know why I waited so long before making this purchase. I could have saved myself months of pain. I'm so sold on vaporizers now! Best high I've had in years.

daBuddha1.jpg

Good to hear Mohave......I am so glad you are happy and smokin' enough to releive the pain. How much did that unit set you back? If you dont mind my asking? I smoke to get a full night's sleep too, and sure didnt smoke enough yesterday I guess. I have a Vaporite, it is the cheaper type vape. I get that burned thing too, with smoke. It does have a temp controll, maybe I should spend some time after harvest and try it out again.
Take care....
out there folks.....it is gonna be a long weekend!

Hi TCB!

The daBuddha ran me about $160. There are some sites where it's about 10% less, but I went right to the factory.

The difference between this unit and my cheapo unit is like night and day.
The difference between heating the herb on a hot metal cup and by passing hot air over and through it--as it does with daBuddha--is very different.

The hot air is all through glass, so there is no metal taste, no metal toxins released. I found the taste of the cheap vape really horrible--that burned taste ruined the experience for me. I had that taste in my mouth for hours.

Perhaps that's why I waffled so long on getting a better unit. I didn't realize a better unit--especially the good ceramic units--would make such a difference in taste and in alleviating the smoke.

I haven't had any bad taste with daBuddha, and it's so great not to be choking anymore.

I really should have bought this long ago. I just wasn't sure vaping was for me, after tasting the nasty burned popcorn taste from the lesser unit.

I'm sold now! For me, it's almost all about pain control. ALMOST! <G>
But enjoying the journey is also what it's about. I missed the good taste from a blunt, a pipe or a bong. While vaping still tastes different, at least now, it doesn't taste or smell horrible.

Ah, TC, can't wait to hear how your harvest will turn out! I'm getting ready to start my winter grow this week. It's still so hot here it's nearly unbearable, too hot to even walk the dogs at night. I'm SO looking forward to winter in the desert. And in trying to do a better job on the next grow!

I started germinating my winter grow yesterday. 4 purple kush, 4 purple bud, 4 white frosting, 4 WWF2, 4 Wizard, 4 Hawaiian. Just checked and 4 of the PK, 3 PB, 2WF, 1WWF2, 2 Wizards have already broken shell and are putting out little white toesies. Yippee!

But does anyone know how long pollen can remain viable in a room?

Germ09_1.jpg

PKushGerm.jpg

goodluck with the beans mojave ,,,,spray your grow room down with water it will stop the pollen being viable ,,well it should do i think :rolleyes:

:ciao: Ladies...

mojave..do as UKgirl said..pollen can be viable for up to 18 months..But if ya water down room well you will make it unable to pollen you girrls dwn road..nice solection of beans..Mojo for the grow:aok:

tcbud..glad to see ya back:48:

Thanks, UK and 4U2! I had no idea pollen was viable for 18 months. GULP. Well, I guess I'll have to just nourish those hermies-to-be, because there is no way I can get all the pollen out of the room. I share the room with all the books, crafts, storage stuff, so it would be impossible to hose anything down.
Looks like I'll need an attitude adjustment on Hermies! <G>

I still :heart: you ladies

Mojave just mist the room lightly with water to help settle the pollen and dust

Ozzie, you give me hope. THANK YOU!

I definitely can mist everything down. Nothing stays wet here in the desert very long. I can dry soaking wet Levi's outside in 30 minutes. A t-shirt in 10 minutes--5 each side. Misting even the books would not be a problem.

This really does give me hope. Maybe not a LOT of hope, but hope. And if I end up with another room full of hermies, well, I'll remember that those hermies are still better than what I was paying nearly a grand an oz for.

The pollen wont hermi the plants Mojave, it will pollenate the females. We are gonna think positive and there will be NO hermies and the females you grow will be seedless......misting is a good idea, Very good idea. When you brush pollen on a bud, and you dont want that pollen to travel, you wash the bud down with water and that settles the pollen. Way good idea....Ozzio.

HEY, WHAT ABOUT A HUMUNGUS FAN....THAT WILL BLOW AND BLOW ALL THAT POLLEN SOMEWHERE ELSE...BUT WHERE IS THAT?

A long time ago, I had a Hermie 'do all the girls with his/she/it's goo stuff'.....and the next year I used those seeds and never got a Hermie....but the dope could have been better!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Mojave, love the avatar also. Looks like the faces we used to carve out of apples and then let them age. So funny

Looking forward to you fall/winter grow journal. Sounds like you're going to have some awesome medicine

ROFL, Colorado--you're so right! And I'd forgotten all about those apple faces. Maybe that's why this Avatar appealed to me. But you have me thinking about making up a half dozen of them for Halloween!

As for the winter grow, if I've learned anything in my 61 years on this planet, it's to never count my chickens before they are hatched! I could just as easily kill these babies as grow them to maturity. This is just my second grow.

But.....I can't believe how viable these seeds are. All 4 of each of the wwf2, Purple Frost, Wizard, Hawaiian and Purple bad have germinated and are already planted, and today, two Purple Kush popped through this morning.
I can feel excitement in the air. Or, is that pollen I feel? <G>

Uhh, P'Dude, I HAVE that humongous fan--overhead. And thats' what blew the pollen everywhere in the room. Hey, that's one fantastic drawing you posted. LOVE IT. Dark and brooding. Lots of expression. Looks like me in pain before I joined MP and learned to grow my own!

Mojave.....congrats on the seeds poppin'! And the Avatar is Odd......does look like one of those apple people or those that were made from old nylons.....lol. You gonna start a new journal?

......thanks MOJAVI babe, you always dig my (edit) and I love ya for it...

.....here is one for our Jewish members....sorry about the STUPID fan idea...

Panic............
The paranoids have infected me. My german shepherd met two surveyors at the gate snarling like he is supposed to. Seems they needed access to the courner marker on the corner of our property. Can't see my grow from anywhere but in our enclosed tree lined backyard and yep...you guessed it. I saw one of them look over to my plants and do a doubletake and lean over and whisper in his helpers ear. I said "Don't look over here" and they laughed. What was I going to do? We talked about our mutual love for the shepherds etc...Then he told me what nice plants I had. And that he used to smoke years ago. I had to explain in my best little old lady voice that it was a legal medical grow and PLEASE don't tell or I would go to jail. sob sob
Hopefully he won't but worried about the gossip that might start in his office. GEEZ

Guess the dog will be moving outside for the next couple of weeks. Plants putting on some gorgeous buds and smell better than homemade bread....well, almost

Latest posts

Back