The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mojavemama said:
UKG, Right on, girlfriend! We have learned to be great multitaskers, haven't we?

we most certainly have ;):giggle::evil:

legalize_freedom said:
I know ya'll aren't hiding...I see you out there with the rest of us...I just always feel like I'm invading your (all the fems) space when I look in here. I have flashbacks from my childhood, and my sisters beating the snot out of me for catching me in their rooms. (I'm the youngest in the family)
I appriciate all of you ladies comments on the other boards, I have always thought that women are better with plants...maybe thats sexist, or maybe it's just from being raised by my mom, and her sisters, and grandma..etc.

feel free to drop in when ever you like you could even pm TC and become a member :eek: :peace:

I didn't mean hiding as in afraid particularly but more like out of sight. I also didn't mean to stereotype any one. I really think that lot times people avoid places where they have to deal with crap, especially when they have an alternative and I agree with that.

I think I'm just making worse unsuccessfully to explain what I meant. Please just accept my apology if I offended anyone because that was not my intent.

"Good night, Don. Now leave the computer alone and go to bed before you get both of your big feet your bigger mouth so far that you will have to have
surgically removed."

Good smoking every one

Good Morning Ladies and gents

23 degrees and a blizzard here, and for the next 3 days or so. Hope you are all warm and toasty. My dog, Hank, thinks it's wonderful and wants to go out and play. Now, where are my wool socks??

:ciao: Ladies...

:48:

coloradoLady....take Hick out to play...

Hey Don be like the rest of us and drop it, it's over and done with.

Don't forget FGG, Ozzy :heart::heart: you all :peace:

I'd go outside and play with Hick anyday.

Lord knows we all need a good romp!!!!!

Colorado Lady 1,

Noon, 14F,wind @12 & sunny. Spokane, WA No measurable snow fall at house yet -- bare ground.

I'll take this kind of cold versus snow, especially a blizzard, any day.

How much snow are they forecasting for you out of this storm?

Sounds to me like build up a fire in the fireplace or stove (if you have one) and hunker down for a while weather to me at both of our places. Got a car up on jack stands out front that needs a starter, but not until it warms up.

As important as the fire, light up some good smoke and mellow out.

Good smoking.

DonJones said:
I didn't mean hiding as in afraid particularly but more like out of sight. I also didn't mean to stereotype any one. I really think that lot times people avoid places where they have to deal with crap, especially when they have an alternative and I agree with that.

I think I'm just making worse unsuccessfully to explain what I meant. Please just accept my apology if I offended anyone because that was not my intent.

"Good night, Don. Now leave the computer alone and go to bed before you get both of your big feet your bigger mouth so far that you will have to have
surgically removed."

Good smoking every one

Don u seem super smart and very sweet quit worrying so much everyone here is glad to have ya...lets smoke and relax and enjoy our time together on this wonderful earth...:48: :cool2: :lama: :smoke1:

I think I will bake this tonight...a cobbler. cept mine will have blackberries blueberries and apples...I would throw peaches in too if I had em..I have a roast in the crockpot I guess I will add taters to it and make a salad...hubby will be happy tonight. Course he mentioned poker...sooooo who knows how long I will see him...lol

cook time 25 minutes
Blackberry cobbler

2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups blackberries, picked over, rinsed & drained
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, cold, cut in small pieces
1/4 cup boiling water
Preparation:
In a large bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries; combine gently. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, about 8-inches in diameter.
In a bowl, combine the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/4 cup boiling water and stir the mixture until it just forms a dough.

Bring the blackberry mixture to a boil, stirring. Drop spoonfuls of the dough carefully onto the boiling mixture, and bake the cobbler on a baking sheet (line with foil to avoid a mess) in the middle of a preheated 400 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

Oh thank you 2Dog, for that great recipe. I'm copying it down. Just made vanilla ice cream, sure wish I had the berries. Still see them in baskets in the produce section in town. Not the big luscious berries you must have growing in your area, I'm guessing. But now on my list for next trip to town.

Gotta go bake something

ur very welcome...sometimes I used canned peaches or frozen berries they work great and are cheaper...

UKgirl420 said:
thanks Moto-man graet article :D

DON-JONES ,,,ive allways thought of women as the stronger sex :p we can multitask :D

Hey girls (& guys),

Glad y'all enjoyed it.. I couldn't help but recall Jerry and the GD song "Women are Smarter" as I posted this. Alter-net is pretty cool.

Cheers,

Here is a picture of the cobbler tastes better than it looks! that big hole on the right is from hubby "testing it"...

cobbler 003.jpg

2 dog,

My blood sugar started rising when I started reading recipe and just skyrocked looking at the picture of the finished product.

Have you ever tried it with ganga butter?

Have you ever rolled the dough out like a pie crust and cut it into narrow(about 1" or less) strips about 6" to 8" long and then added them just like you do your spooned ones?

My dear departed Grandma did it that way and my Mom would do it that way and then put a covering top over it. I don't remember if she used pie dough or not.

But is is sure hard to improve on that picture! How could it possibly taste any better than it looks?

God, I wish I could smoke, but right now all there is belongs to someone else and I don't like smoking in a lot of noise and confusion. It is getting where not only am I having to fight my youngest son to keep him form harvesting a few buds way early to sample it but I'm getting to where I'm tempted too.

Good smoking.

That does sound good. :) My health food store has blackberries for .59 cents per thingy. I ate one whole container all by myself..lol.

2Dog said:
I think I will bake this tonight...a cobbler. cept mine will have blackberries blueberries and apples...I would throw peaches in too if I had em..I have a roast in the crockpot I guess I will add taters to it and make a salad...hubby will be happy tonight. Course he mentioned poker...sooooo who knows how long I will see him...lol

cook time 25 minutes
Blackberry cobbler

2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups blackberries, picked over, rinsed & drained
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, cold, cut in small pieces
1/4 cup boiling water
Preparation:
In a large bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries; combine gently. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, about 8-inches in diameter.
In a bowl, combine the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/4 cup boiling water and stir the mixture until it just forms a dough.

Bring the blackberry mixture to a boil, stirring. Drop spoonfuls of the dough carefully onto the boiling mixture, and bake the cobbler on a baking sheet (line with foil to avoid a mess) in the middle of a preheated 400 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

don my sugar would rise too...makes me glad I have insulin lol...I dont use ganga butter..it doesnt get me stoned..I have too high of a tolerance. so I smoke and then eat.. ;) SM that is such a good deal I paid 2.50 a little container and it wasnt basket sized...

2Dog,

I'm not very current on IM & text message abbreviations so I'm asking what does "SM" mean?

I might have to go back on insulin now that I don't have the excuse that I can't drive long haul while taking it, but I'd rather have my HA1C up around 6.8 to 7.0 than be one insulin again.

Thank you for the recipe. I'm either going to try it or have my other half try it.

Good smoking

Okay, I'm red faced. Mojavemama just PMed me about something personal and in the same message explained to me that SM=Smokin' Mom. GOD and that is so obvious now!

Okay, I'm going to bed!

Good smoking.

Latest posts

Back