The light bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

call_of_ktulu

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just joined this forum and I have a few questions about growing a plant in my closet. I will be living with some roomates and I dont want them to know I'm growing. I will have my own room with a closet, so I doubt they will find out. My concern is that the light bill will go up too high and they will get suspicious. Does anyone know what kind of lights will keep costs to a minimum? I am looking to grow 1 or 2 plants for personal use. Thanks everyone!

Might want to go with a strain that isn't as strong smelling. Also, you can grow with CFL's, they wouldn't make a difference on your light bill. I'd say it probably could be done.

hey man just wat sticky said but about the rommate my advise to you is keep it very very quite about it because most likly they would get the supsition of u growing.

Yeah dude keep it low key as aye in yeah ya room might get a bit stinky come flowering time so keep an eye or should i say nose on that an good luck

There is almost no chance that you'll keep your grow a secret from those who share the place with you.

Part of sharing a place is trust between the people sharing.

Would any of them call the cops on you?

If the cops come there in responce to ANYTHING, and want to search the place, what will your roomates think of you while they're being put in handcuffs because of your grow that they didn't know about?

They share your risk. It's really not fair to them to share the place and not tell them you have a grow going.

I've never seen a sinle instance where what you're trying to do worked out.

I would advise you to do one of these:

1. Be honest with them and tell them you want to have a grow.

2. Don't grow while living with a bunch of people who don't know it.

3. Find your own place where you are the only one risking anything.

Thanks guys for the response.
I doubt I will do it. I didnt even consider the fact that it would smell. I know the people with whom I am moving in and half of them smoke weed every once in a while. I guess I will just ask them if it is cool with them.

yea because on the outside you can get high but in their a whole different story

"why drink and drive"
"when you can smoke and fly"

But hey look on the bright side. maby they will be chill with it and you can go out and buy a better light and not worry about them seeing the bill. and besides a 250w HPS light doesnt put on that much to an elec bill. i have a 1000w HPS and 400w MH and my bill only went up maby $70. Also about smell, there is a odor generator that you can buy. its small, cheap, would work perfect for a closet.

id say dont do it. stoneys right. too much risk. what if 1 of them gets into a jam 1 day with the law 1 day? they mite sell u out quick in exchange for a lesser punishment, and easy too considering they live in the apartment that ur grow is in.

yea man i agree with both stoney and azntigerdude but the 1 thing i would worry about is trust do u trust them enough so u can tell them and they get gready and maybe do something that will reallu piss u off.

yea, friends r ur friends and trustworthy until harvest time. then all of a sudden u find that uve lost a couple friends, and a harvest :(

Good choice Ktula,
I applaud your asking around here, and seeing you accept good advice is cool. In a wierd round about sense I am going into a moral dilemma type situation myself, but I know that good sense will win out.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back