The longer you have cured MJ the better it gets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowUsome

Reaction score
If you hold cured MJ for 1 year will it be better than cured MJ held for 3 months. just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this. I heard MJ gets better with age like wine.

Provided it is kept in a cool dark place, generally speaking, yes. But remember it has to be good bud to start with. Poor quality bud or trim doesn't really cure properly.

I think somewhere in that yr it will reach a peak, But yes, my oppinion is the longer the cure the better the smoke.

Like the others have said, so long as it is stored in the proper conditions it will continue to get better to a point. I've smoked weed that got lost at the back of a cupboard for 3 years and it was delicious.

lol
are you my brother...?
He still has his hanging at about 35f.
He trims slow and alone. (now I feel guilty, maybe I should go help him again)

I dont think the above posts are refering to plants that are hanging are "curing".
Curing entails the bud to be trimmed and placed in Air Tight containers then placed in a cool and dark place.

Growusome, I think it will get better to a point...... Light and air are the big negatives for potency.

Heemhoff17 said:
what if i hung it in 35*F ??

Hi Heemhoff,

Hmmmm... So I'm guessing you've harvested and put it in the i.e. attic or garage to dry? Although it should dry eventually it will take a very long time at temps that low. Just like produce from the grocery store, in refrigeration your fresh cut buds will be preserved until they slowly dry out like an forgotten old bag of carrots in the back of fridge...:p I've never done this but maybe you're onto something, Heemhoff... :rolleyes:

Curing involves decomposition of the organic matter and I think if the temps get down that low there wont be much decomposition going on. I've had the best curing results drying my buds slowly in a dark room that's in the mid 60s to lower 70s with some slight air movement in the room. But however you like to accomplish drying, after they are thoroughly dried and the stems snap I put them into jars or 1 gal baggies for the cure... I've found the most significant difference occurs within the first 2-3 weeks and then slowly gets even better but ever so slightly. Several years ago I found a large half oz bud behind a desk where I dry my weed and I hadn't grown that strain in about a year and a half... despite being out in the open and quite dry of course... The taste was superb! I popped it in a baggie with a small 1" square of damp sponge for a few hours and voila... it restored just enough moisture and was extremely smooth and flavorful...:) I wish I lost more half oz buds only to find them again perfectly cured...:hubba:

Peace!:cool:

Latest posts

Back