The mini grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big do mothers get and I will take the advice on the t5s I was thinking on those but the cfl was cheaper for the more wattage but if lumens are more important for mothers I wouldn't mind spending just a lil more on those t5.

For the hps I will probably just get a cool tube 400 watt hps and assemble my own ballast which is VERY cheap to do but I was wanting to avoid but it seams it is the only logical way to achieve good yield with a cheap price.. Im wanting to save money on ducting so just use the scrubber hooked to the cool tube is that a good or bad idea?

I got a house on hold for me once I get more on my feet I will have room enough for a mother I think all depending on how big they get.

(EDIT)6:15 am
Well damn my plans changed yet again a new member of my circle has given me a 600 watt hps ballast i will be using now. No stickers or anything on it he just said it doesn't like mh so I will take him on it.

Look at it in lumens rather than watts. The 125 watt CFL is going to emit around 7500 lumens. So you would need 2 of these to adequately light a 2 x 2 space. Whereas a 2' 6 tube T5 fixture will use 144W, but put out 15,000 lumens. So, for 19 more watts, you are getting twice the light. This is why CFLs are a bad choice for growing--it takes almost twice as much electricity to get the same amount of useable light. I am with your friend though...I don't like MH. I have 3 MH ballasts laying around that I no longer use as T5s work so much better for me.

Unless the 600W ballast is dimmable, I don't think that you will be able to keep it cool enough for a 2 x 2 tent. Did he also give you a hood, bulbs, and cords? Those things may run more than buying the T5 I linked.

Ducting is cheap, so don't scrimp here. Also do not connect the carbon filter until you need it. The filter will cut down the cfms of your fan and no reason to use it if you do not need it. Your plants will probably not get smelly enough to warrant the filter until they start to flower. I also anticipate that you will not have enough room in a 2 x 2 tent to connect the filter directly to the cooltube. In fact, make sure that the cooltube will fit in your space. I have a cool tube that is too large to use easily in a tent that is 32" x 32".

You talk about keeping mothers, but nothing of a space to clone and veg in. What are your plans for that? If you have 2 spaces, I would personally set one up for cloning and vegging with a T5 and the other for flowering with the HPS. This way you can harvest about every 2 months or so. IMO, this is a better use of space, rather than keeping mothers and then using the other tent to both veg and flower--about a 4 month process.

Well my friend advised against cool tube so I will be getting a small standard air cooled hood with a 600 watt hps. The ballast isn't dimmable so he said I would want to get a 9 sq ft tent which isn't much more money than the 4 sq ft one actually, he has extra ducting(4 ft of 6") he said I could grab whenever just no extra fans or filters.
As for the mother I wasn't going to put her in a tent just leave her out with the t5s feeding her. To offset things a lil use a 4 lamp t5 for the mother and a 2 lamp t5 for clones? just to keep the power bill a lil more agreeable when I get to the new house, because I'm just not going to grow in the one I'm at right now.
I'm also planning on making a coliadal silver generator it will cost about 40 dollars so I can make my own femmed seeds.

Thank you THG for your guidance and anyone else who has helped.

Please please slow down. Get your grow set up and going and get a few grows under your belt. Learn what you are doing and what it takes to get a plant from seed to harvest. You are getting the cart before the horse. Rather than worry about breeding and trying to make fem seeds, concentrate on getting your grow set up and dialed in. I think that you will be a lot happier with the larger tent. Going to a 3 x 3 more than doubles your growing area.

I am not a big fan of amateurs making fem seeds--I believe that is part of why we have a proliferation of hermies that we did not see in years back. Put the $40 towards something you need now like a good fan. You will need something like this with a 600W light: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tjernlund-M-6-Booster-Hydroponic-Conditioning/dp/B005XNNYMU/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1453828586&sr=8-9&keywords=6%22+fan[/ame] fan and this [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Active-Air-ACSC-Speed-Adjuster/dp/B007TFTITS/ref=pd_sim_328_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41YWI41y7pL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR110%2C160_&refRID=0S68197SSZ0TRAPRPMWP[/ame] speed controller. This will NOT work [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tjernlund-EF-6-Duct-Booster-Fan/dp/B0000AXFP3/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1453828586&sr=8-11&keywords=6%22+fan[/ame].

Thank you for this clarification on the fans. I have been curious on a flood 3x3 flood table in a 4x4 tent that is what a friend recommends growing with.
For the femmed seeds all you do is spray 3days before flower flip and every 3 days after until it starts to pollinate itself it didn't sound that hard but i wasn't wanting to start selling seeds just having a stock pile of them this was more of an idea at this moment not an thing i will start with. all you need to make it is 2 pieces of silver since it wont be used for human consumption .92 will work like sterlin silver hooked to 12 volts left in water till it just starts to form slag then stop it.

Latest posts

Back