The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, did I say I have had enough veggies.....gonna go out to dinner tonight and there will be no veggies on my plate. I do appreciate the garden and how good a plate full of veggies is every day but by the end of summer I am vegged out.

Fiber, I shi-t like a pigeon and couldn't gain weight if I tried. Fruit for breakfast and veggies for dinner......day after day.

I hate fleas. Trying to get rid of them now.
Foolproof method. Go to vet office. They will sell you ( or go to bugspray com) and purchase a fairly expensive bottle of flea spray. No ot much knock down power, but it acts to sterilize fleas and eggs. Spray all the hot spots, carpet etc. Two weeks later, repeat. (Fleas life is about 2 weeks) fleas are gone.

I did this to a friend's house that the second you stepped on carpet they were jumping on you. All gone.

Bubba

Thanks Bubba. We are working on the cycle right now. Finally got them down to where we don’t see them but still doing Dailey spray of carpet and washing bedding and vacuuming daily. They are a bastard to get rid of. We don’t get them to often but getting rid of them takes a couple of weeks. I have two dogs (one is a new puppy 10 weeks old so you have to treat her different) and two cats which are combed for fleas daily. And sprayed too. My other dog I was able to give a flea pill to. They last about 30 days and I’m glad I don’t have to buy them as they are 40 bucks a pill. They are great tho. The fleas bite her and die. I think this actually helps them in my house too.

How come no tomatoes ? I bet that I am 2/3 the way thru.
Probably has a lot to with where we are from. If I remember right you are on the East Coast. I am at 6,000 ft in Colo. I couldn't put them outside until June. Short growing season here. Plus I grow nothing but Heirlooms and the ones that ripen in 70 days or more. When I grow Early Girls I start getting red maters in late July but I don't like early girls....only good in salad and sandwiches.

Cherokee Purple's take 70 to 80 days to ripen here.....so I wait. Hoping to start getting some next week.

I shot all the tree rats and coons that used to come in the yard .. I could see them scratching from my cameras

no fleas now
My puppy is low to the ground. We walk to the park and let them run twice a day. I think she picks them up there. She’s only 10 weeks old so you can’t use the strong spray on her. I’ve been giving her a shampoo with apple cider vinegar and using a warm cloth with lavender and peppermint oil and wiping her down with it after her walks. It seems to be helping.

Oh, did I say I have had enough veggies.....gonna go out to dinner tonight and there will be no veggies on my plate. I do appreciate the garden and how good a plate full of veggies is every day but by the end of summer I am vegged out.

Fiber, I shi-t like a pigeon and couldn't gain weight if I tried. Fruit for breakfast and veggies for dinner......day after day.
If you lived around me for a month, I could turn you into the Goodyear blimp.
My puppy is low to the ground. We walk to the park and let them run twice a day. I think she picks them up there. She’s only 10 weeks old so you can’t use the strong spray on her. I’ve been giving her a shampoo with apple cider vinegar and using a warm cloth with lavender and peppermint oil and wiping her down with it after her walks. It seems to be helping.
Best thing (vet recommended) is a bath in any dishwashing liquid that says lemon in the name. Lemon juice works like you wouldn't believe, but ya really gotta keep it away from their eyes.
Ya start around their eyes, head for the ears, and chase the bastards all the way to their tail. Take a nit comb and comb out the dead ones. Do it once a week for two or three weeks and the fleas are gone.
I had a friend that's house was flat out infested. Went to the pet store and bought a big bail of cedar chips. You can put 'em in socks and toss 'em under furniture, or you can make a heck of a mess and just toss 'em like yer planting grass seed. Kills 'em quick and no harmful chemicals.

Thanks Bubba. We are working on the cycle right now. Finally got them down to where we don’t see them but still doing Dailey spray of carpet and washing bedding and vacuuming daily. They are a bastard to get rid of. We don’t get them to often but getting rid of them takes a couple of weeks. I have two dogs (one is a new puppy 10 weeks old so you have to treat her different) and two cats which are combed for fleas daily. And sprayed too. My other dog I was able to give a flea pill to. They last about 30 days and I’m glad I don’t have to buy them as they are 40 bucks a pill. They are great tho. The fleas bite her and die. I think this actually helps them in my house too.
Fleas are heat seekers. They see in the inferred spectrum. A shore fire way to trap them is. Put a 40 w or lower bulb (refrigerator bulb is best) (want low heat they know not to jump into a fire) clamp light over a dish/tray of soapy water. (a few inches above the tray facing down.) tray must be bigger than the lights shield. The fleas aim for the lamps warm shade, bounce off (no hair to catch onto) Fall in the soapy water and drown. Simple, nontoxic way to kill them in a house.

On a side note, 2 weeks is a long as I can go without burning one.... puffpuffpass

bd x tahoe top.jpg

Fleas are heat seekers. They see in the inferred spectrum. A shore fire way to trap them is. Put a 40 w or lower bulb (refrigerator bulb is best) (want low heat they know not to jump into a fire) clamp light over a dish/tray of soapy water. (a few inches above the tray facing down.) tray must be bigger than the lights shield. The fleas aim for the lamps warm shade, bounce off (no hair to catch onto) Fall in the soapy water and drown. Simple, nontoxic way to kill them in a house.

On a side note, 2 weeks is a long as I can go without burning one.... puffpuffpass

View attachment 305635
Maybe will try this as a test to see how many are still around. I think I remember doing this years ago. On your side note, two weeks is a long time to go without burning one. Puff puff pass back atcha 🥹

Foolproof method. Go to vet office. They will sell you ( or go to bugspray com) and purchase a fairly expensive bottle of flea spray. No ot much knock down power, but it acts to sterilize fleas and eggs. Spray all the hot spots, carpet etc. Two weeks later, repeat. (Fleas life is about 2 weeks) fleas are gone.

I did this to a friend's house that the second you stepped on carpet they were jumping on you. All gone.

Bubba
I've had 12 GSD's in my life and not a one ever had fleas...the while one had severe allergies and ear infections 24/7 but not a flea...you'd think living in the boonies I'd have them and tick issues...nada...

Latest posts

Back