The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my fleet had the 300 6 cylinder, you jus couldn't hurt them...my personal trucks have been superdutys with a powerstroke under the hood...I had one chevy and all the small stuff constantly breaking made me say never again...with this diesel shortage I doubt it will get much road time...mebbe time to get a vespa...:eek:

my fleet had the 300 6 cylinder, you jus couldn't hurt them...my personal trucks have been superdutys with a powerstroke under the hood...I had one chevy and all the small stuff constantly breaking made me say never again...with this diesel shortage I doubt it will get much road time...mebbe time to get a vespa...:eek:
Im no motor head
that 300 six was the best all around .
Great on gas all around a thing of beauty
shame theybstopped making them

they stopped because they were too good...now that all motors are computer controlled and have a zillion smog features you gotta take them in for service...the last 2 superduties I've owned never has been serviced beyond oil changes and checking the fluids...they don't need their assses wiped, they're built to run forever... :cool:

1666861246478.jpeg

got a question for roster, what experience did you have with ford trucks that give you such a poor opinion of them...just wondering...I've owned over 30 of them since I began using them in my fleet way back in 76 and loved them all...
Roster was following up on my joke. I was fking with everyone about ford's. See below post.
I had lots of Ford's. Loved my F350 Diesel Dulley. Now I own an Avalanche 2500 with a 496 and a 411 rear end.Has a little over 328,000 miles on it and runs strong as a mother fker. I was just fking with everybody. I love what ever gets my ass from point A to point B. For the last 20 yrs it's been Chevy before that it was Fords.😁

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/island-of-misfits.77754/post-1228347

Last edited:
Love my Chevys and loved my Ford's and loved my Mopars. Lots of different vehicles break down. I know I've worked on all of them. Also use to be a Service Advisor. Shit breaks,,that's why we have repair shops and tools.😁
Fastest car I ever had was a Dodge Super Bee with a 383 Magnum.
Had a 69 Camaro,70 GTO,55 Chevy Truck and a few others. Loved every fking one of them.
I wii tow a Ford behind my Chevy if I need to though.
.😂😂😂

Last edited:
Our Company has all fords and has had nothing but trouble with them. All of them are only a couple yrs old. They are not the fords i was used to. Two of them already had to have the Turbos replaced. Absolutely ridiculous after only two yrs. Seen some problems with new Chevy trucks to.
My Avalnche 2500 is a 2002. I will rebuild the motor and trany when its time. No new vehicles for me. My wife's car is a 2004 XJ8 Jag. All my shit is paid for including my house. Not selling any of them to get another fking monthly payment.

I arrived in Portland in a 55 Chevy 235 6 cylinder with a burnt valve from pulling Monarch Pass in second. My wife and I had everything we owned loaded in it and my mother-in-law along for the ride.

Most of my seriously fast vehicles were powered by Ford or Chrysler, including my two Sunbeams. I have nothing but respect for both.

I had a 364 Buick Nail-Head in a 61 Jag Opera Saloon that never missed a lick and was so smooth you couldn't tell it was running at idle, so know GM makes some good ones too.

I do remember having to fuss with this and that on all the older cars that I owned, because you had to back then. I appreciate my newer cars because I don't have to as often, but am dismayed that I know less about how to with everything computerized.

PS: Driving an electric Ford and a Chrysler (318) powered Jeep 5.2L, both of which have been excellent and low maintenance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back