The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I joined this place, I only actually knew of weed.

I have since learned of the existence of crackle (or something like -- ah! Shatter) keef, gummies, sap (or whatever you put in those fountain-pen things) -- and now there's buttons and pickle jars, tongue drops, and fargin honey-flavored lollipops...
And moooore.................

Isn't that grand. yummy
Vegetable glycerin extracts are delightfully yummy and a lot like wild honey where the different pollens send the flavors in multiple directions at the same time. Typically used sublingually using a dropper.

The cinnamon in the Cannapops helps dilate the blood vessels in the mouth and improves cannabinoid uptake. I also added some candy chili concentrate to further dilate the blood vessels.

The Cannabuttons are cool from the standpoint you can make them from harsh to smoke trim and it smooths and cools the smoke so that it is smokeable.

I also made them out of quality bud and crumble up pieces and spread them on the top of a bowl for a really nice kick.

Most potent was mixing the finely ground bud with cannabis essential oil extract and then pressing. We called them Super Cannabuttons.

Morning everybody happy fry-day..
20230210_061046.jpg

Vegetable glycerin extracts are delightfully yummy and a lot like wild honey where the different pollens send the flavors in multiple directions at the same time. Typically used sublingually using a dropper.

The cinnamon in the Cannapops helps dilate the blood vessels in the mouth and improves cannabinoid uptake. I also added some candy chili concentrate to further dilate the blood vessels.

The Cannabuttons are cool from the standpoint you can make them from harsh to smoke trim and it smooths and cools the smoke so that it is smokeable.

I also made them out of quality bud and crumble up pieces and spread them on the top of a bowl for a really nice kick.

Most potent was mixing the finely ground bud with cannabis essential oil extract and then pressing. We called them Super Cannabuttons.
I’ve had a jar of vegetable glycerin tincture in my fridge. I originally made it out of decent bud to try and make vape juice. (i had to add a bit of Propylene Glycol for that) The vape juice worked but I cough too much using it so it’s not for me but now I have all this VG tincture left. Maybe a full cup. The only way I’ve used it so far is adding it to lemonade or to my cannabis tea which just gives it an extra boost. It’s very sweet and has more plant matter taste than I like for the under the tongue method. I prefer my alcohol tincture for that.
would like to make a hard candy out of it but no candy making experience. Can you use This tincture in your lollipops or maybe a hard candy disc? I’m guessing sugar and heat would be involved. My mom use to melt down sugar to I think a candy state then she added a bit of daddy’s Jim beam to the mix. It would crackle as I remember. She would dip teaspoons in it and it would harden on the spoon like a sucker. She would give these to us when we had a cough. They tasted awful.

Im looking to move soon ,somewhere near you and Big !

I’ve had a jar of vegetable glycerin tincture in my fridge. I originally made it out of decent bud to try and make vape juice. (i had to add a bit of Propylene Glycol for that) The vape juice worked but I cough too much using it so it’s not for me but now I have all this VG tincture left. Maybe a full cup. The only way I’ve used it so far is adding it to lemonade or to my cannabis tea which just gives it an extra boost. It’s very sweet and has more plant matter taste than I like for the under the tongue method. I prefer my alcohol tincture for that.
would like to make a hard candy out of it but no candy making experience. Can you use This tincture in your lollipops or maybe a hard candy disc? I’m guessing sugar and heat would be involved. My mom use to melt down sugar to I think a candy state then she added a bit of daddy’s Jim beam to the mix. It would crackle as I remember. She would dip teaspoons in it and it would harden on the spoon like a sucker. She would give these to us when we had a cough. They tasted awful.
I've never tried to make candy with glycerine, but here is a site with some recipes.
https://www.yummly.com/recipes/glycerin-sugar-candy
Here is a link showing how I made mine, and although the dirty peeectures are were lost, the script is still all good.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...-formulation-and-application/9-5-6-cannapops/
Im looking to move soon ,somewhere near you and Big !
A lot less driving distance involved if you wait until Big and his purdy Swedish main squeeze relocate to the Pacific NW Paradise too.

Last edited:
I've never tried to make candy with glycerine, but here is a site with some recipes.
https://www.yummly.com/recipes/glycerin-sugar-candy
Here is a link showing how I made mine, and although the dirty peeectures are were lost, the script is still all good.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php...-formulation-and-application/9-5-6-cannapops/
A lot less driving distance involved if you wait until Big and his purdy Swedish main squeeze relocate to the Pacific NW Paradise too.
I’d bet the same recipe would work with my tincture. I have no idea how strong my tincture is but I did make it with flower not trim as I had planned to use it for vaping and wanted a high count so it would work for me. I have a very high tolerance. I do like the hard candies when I have a sore or dry throat. A mutual friend of a friend that makes them. I just gave what I had left in the baggie to Walt but would like to make some for myself. Just wondering if adding the sticky sweet tincture would effect the hardening process.

I’d bet the same recipe would work with my tincture. I have no idea how strong my tincture is but I did make it with flower not trim as I had planned to use it for vaping and wanted a high count so it would work for me. I have a very high tolerance. I do like the hard candies when I have a sore or dry throat. A mutual friend of a friend that makes them. I just gave what I had left in the baggie to Walt but would like to make some for myself. Just wondering if adding the sticky sweet tincture would effect the hardening process.
Looks like you can make either taffy or hard candy consistency:

https://oneshetwoshe.com/pioneer-ta...gn=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly

Holy cannoli ! would not want to mow that !
Spectacular view and must be ( you posted them b4) breathtaking to see in good ( any) weather at a substantial altitude in a warm place stocked with weed ,vittles ,appropriate deserts and your Queen ! ( hopefully ....a happy Queen )

No booze for kidlets. If us kids got sore throats, we got to suck on a piece of slippery elm bark. The inside of the bark felt slippery/gooey. It worked wonderfully for a sore throat. I dunno if anybody even knows about this old remedy anymore.

Oh. Now this IS lost knowledge: It was good for little kids' tummy aches as well.
1676050312059.png
1676050359619.png

Latest posts

Back