The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up in the wrong time for being a cop. Two big rules overshadowed everything. Don't join the military and no matter what...never call the police for anything.

Bubba
I enlisted because I wrongly thought my draft notice was coming soon, and my old man had been in the Army - he advised me against that branch. I chose the Air Force, and I'm glad I did - it gave me perspectives on life (and people) I would have never gotten otherwise. I usually say I met the best of the best, and the worst of the worst during my military time.

I also believe that when seconds matter, a cop is only a couple minutes away. Maybe. My old man also taught me to be self-sufficient. The police usually show up after an event, which is why we need to be able to defend ourselves against scumbag bad guys.

I have just about finished my novel
If it get published all of you will get a copy.
Available at costs of course
You ain't scabbin' on my buddy Walt, are ya?
Or a steak! (did I mention my GSD 'buddy'?) Found out him can reach the counter, the bastage! lol
TINS, I got home from work after picking up the kid at one of the grandmother's houses. We had a show we wanted to watch, so it's time to get everything done quick. I tossed some meatballs in a fry pan, got the water set up to boil, grabbed the kid, tossed her in the shower and jumped in behind her. Got us clean, dried, and dressed in record time.
Went out to the kitchen only to see nothing but grease cookin' in the pan. One or more of the Borzoi's had reached up and ate the damned things right outta the pan while they were frying!
I was pissed for a second, then I spent the rest of my time laughing thinking how they'd curled their noses up to avoid the hot grease.
Just had sauce with the spaghetti that night, but got a life long memory.

You ain't scabbin' on my buddy Walt, are ya?

TINS, I got home from work after picking up the kid at one of the grandmother's houses. We had a show we wanted to watch, so it's time to get everything done quick. I tossed some meatballs in a fry pan, got the water set up to boil, grabbed the kid, tossed her in the shower and jumped in behind her. Got us clean, dried, and dressed in record time.
Went out to the kitchen only to see nothing but grease cookin' in the pan. One or more of the Borzoi's had reached up and ate the damned things right outta the pan while they were frying!
I was pissed for a second, then I spent the rest of my time laughing thinking how they'd curled their noses up to avoid the hot grease.
Just had sauce with the spaghetti that night, but got a life long memory.
I have been caught up in a eating frenzy and after the last bite .see my Boy ,chew a little more to get my smell on whatever and take it out and give it to him.
When I cooked something too spicy for him I set something aside for him.
I was lucky to have him in my life for 8 years and we still say good nite to him😍

My Dad was in the Air force. I was in the Army.
I learned a lot. Gained a lot of my confidence in the military.
Yep. I turned 18 in boot camp, and became a man in the process of wearing that uniform! I learned I can do anything I set my mind to, and I'm pretty damned proud of that.

1700248214178.png

Down where I live we usually have beautiful weather year-round, but today it’s cold and rainy. I do believe it’s time for a nap… Walt has convinced me that a nap is imperative at this point in my life… dutches in the middle of his nap, and Ivan is going to be bouncing off the walls if I take one

Latest posts

Back