The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1708990888691.png

Got the wheel off and loaded up in the van. Took it to a little tire shop I've been using since I was a kid. Old dude is still alive and kicking. Turned out to be a rim leak. $10 and it's good to go.
Damned brake light came on during my short ride this morning, so I topped off the reservoir. Came back from the ride and it's back down again. It ain't evaporating, so I've got a brake line leaking somewhere. I can leave it in the garage, so I think I'll wait for warmer weather and climb under her and check it out. I know I can replace it myself and save bookoo bucks, so I probably will. Been awhile since I've done lines, but hydraulics don't change.

45 years or so ago, my Mom called me and said her brakes went out in her Caddy and that the local shop wanted four hundred to fix 'em. I babied it home, stuffed it in my shop, and had 'em done in a day. I changed every line, all four wheel cylinders, replaced the front discs and pads, and had the rear drums turned and replaced the shoes. I called her up and told her it was done and I'd be over to pick her up. When I got there, she's got 4 one hundred dollar bills in her hand for me. I told her I needed a fifty for the parts and a German chocolate cake. Put the fifty in my wallet and ate my cake a few days later. :)

Got the wheel off and loaded up in the van. Took it to a little tire shop I've been using since I was a kid. Old dude is still alive and kicking. Turned out to be a rim leak. $10 and it's good to go.
Damned brake light came on during my short ride this morning, so I topped off the reservoir. Came back from the ride and it's back down again. It ain't evaporating, so I've got a brake line leaking somewhere. I can leave it in the garage, so I think I'll wait for warmer weather and climb under her and check it out. I know I can replace it myself and save bookoo bucks, so I probably will. Been awhile since I've done lines, but hydraulics don't change.

45 years or so ago, my Mom called me and said her brakes went out in her Caddy and that the local shop wanted four hundred to fix 'em. I babied it home, stuffed it in my shop, and had 'em done in a day. I changed every line, all four wheel cylinders, replaced the front discs and pads, and had the rear drums turned and replaced the shoes. I called her up and told her it was done and I'd be over to pick her up. When I got there, she's got 4 one hundred dollar bills in her hand for me. I told her I needed a fifty for the parts and a German chocolate cake. Put the fifty in my wallet and ate my cake a few days later. :)
Have you looked for brake fluid stars on the inside of your wheels?

Fuk. Just got a letter from the 7th judicial court. Bastards want me for jury duty. This is probably the eighth time I've been called up in my life. One time I just ignored it. The Old Hen got a call wanting to know where I was. She told 'em I wasn't coming. They said they'd swear out a warrant for me for contempt of court. She told 'em where I was working in Detroit and to go get me 'cause I wasn't coming and that the last time I went down for jury duty, they treated me like a dog. It got dismissed.
I played along and filled out their form online. I let them know that I had medical conditions that wouldn't allow me to serve. Balls in their court. If the dumb bastards push it, I'll play along and be the most disruptive juror they've ever encountered. Ain't no way my back would let me sit on a bench for four hours, let alone eight. They'll take me out of there in an ambulance to emergency and I'll get a new 'script for pain pills!

I'll be glad to turn 70 next year. They don't call up anybody 70 or over.

Fuk. Just got a letter from the 7th judicial court. Bastards want me for jury duty. This is probably the eighth time I've been called up in my life. One time I just ignored it. The Old Hen got a call wanting to know where I was. She told 'em I wasn't coming. They said they'd swear out a warrant for me for contempt of court. She told 'em where I was working in Detroit and to go get me 'cause I wasn't coming and that the last time I went down for jury duty, they treated me like a dog. It got dismissed.
I played along and filled out their form online. I let them know that I had medical conditions that wouldn't allow me to serve. Balls in their court. If the dumb bastards push it, I'll play along and be the most disruptive juror they've ever encountered. Ain't no way my back would let me sit on a bench for four hours, let alone eight. They'll take me out of there in an ambulance to emergency and I'll get a new 'script for pain pills!

I'll be glad to turn 70 next year. They don't call up anybody 70 or over.
Here locally we can decline serving on jury duty after age 70.

The best laid plans of mice and men......

My back wasn't hurting too much today, so I figured I'd clean the bird cages a day early just in case it decided to be mean tomorrow. Got two cages cleaned and the back says it's time for a break. I'll give him his way for a few and then finish up.
I hate it when he wins, but he is the boss.

Latest posts

Back