"The Runt"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most of it would be free,if you know the rite plase to start shoveling

well since we noticed that the seedlings are already outgrowing there pots we took a trip to wally world and lowes today for more supplies. :D

you can tell spring is near cause lowes garden center has double what it had two weeks ago, this makes me very happy , they have TONS of stuff out now.

new soil was one of them , its 50% organic compost,35% peat humus,15% sand,perlite and other. this is much better then the MG soil i was using, and MUCH cheaper too, it was only $2.97 for a 40lb bag, i want ahead and got 4 of them, so we have 160lbs of soil now, this should get use threw this grow:D

also the only other perlite they had was MG, the nute count is .04-.01-.06, thats not to bad and its a smaller bag and i am gonna mix one small bag of this with two of the large 40lb soil bags.

the new pots came from wal-mart, only $2.97 a peice, only got ten and need 14 but we were running low on money:(

and i picked up some strawberrys (yummy) and some tomotos (yuck) but dad likes tomotos so i figure since i have this nice greenhouse thing going i would grow him some, and my son loves strawberrys so those are for him.

soil1.jpg

soil2.jpg

perlite.jpg

perlite2.jpg

pots.jpg

strawberry.jpg

well with the new larger buckets i ran out of room fast. but those buckets were the PERFECT size! i can only fit 6 at a time in there but they are end to end , and wall to wall, but just enough room for six exactly, any bigger and they wouldnt have fit.

so i went out into the garage and took down a shop light to use for the ones that dont fit in there now. threw a peice of mylar over them to keep the light in. ;)

also i know that new soil is gonna need a ton more stuff mixed into it to get it right, its like mud when you add water:eek:

flouro.jpg

mylar.jpg

well here are the seedlings, they are doing great! 1-18-07 16 days of veg under CFL's
this one is the best looking one, nice thick stalk, and a little larger then the rest.

now here is some interesting compairison. these ones have been outside the cfl closet under two four foot flouro tubes. closet plants are under a 18/6 light schedule, these have been under a constant 24/0 light schedule, notice how much SMALLER they are. i dont know if its the flouro tubes, or the hours of light, but they are much farther behind the ones under the CFL's ;)

cfl2.jpg

cfl3.jpg

floruo.jpg

hey that makes me feel good about my next cfl grow .. real good ...

Latest posts

Back