TheDrowner's Experimental grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDrowner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This grow is just a little experiment Im doing to pass some time until we move house and I get a "Real" grow room setup.

Lights: Daylight bulb: 1450 lumen's. Warm Light: 1590 lumen's.
Lumens:3040.
Box Dimensions: H=62cm. W= 42cm. D=42cm.
Regular potting mix in a 1.4 liter pot for vegetation growth.
Coconut coir on top of potting mix to keep moister in soil.
constant Temp: 25C/80-85F

I know that 3040 lumen's is not enough light, so I am going to add another cool/warmlight bulb to the mix.

The plant is 4 days old and is looking nice, I can already see two more leaves coming through, although they are very small.

I am happy with my plant at the moment, but am also in the process of germinating 4 more plants. I am going to pick the best out 3 of the four to flower and the other one to produce seeds. I am hoping to get a male from the one that is in the box now, so I can collect the pollen.:eek::D

Anyway, what you think of my small experimental plant?

Thanks.

Plant-5.jpg

Plant-2.jpg

Plant-4.jpg

Plant-3.jpg

Hey Man..Look Like Your Off To A Start...Do You Know The Straind The Weed Is?

No idea of what strain it is, my mum gave me the seeds from some "apparently" good weed she had.

Peace.

29/4/2007:

Plants leaves have nearly doubled in size since I last took that picture. The new leaves have gotten a bit bigger but are still not apparent. The plant is going well.

Hope you enjoy my grow.

You have enough light for a 6 inch x 6 inch grow. Just enough. That will work as long as your plant is tiny.

3,000 to 5,000 lumens per sq ft of plant canopy is what is needed.

Good luck man!

I would suggest buying a HPS light that will be enough to finish your crop. With only one seed going, you have a 50-50 chance of it being a male plant to the dumpster.

You can sex the plant at roughly six weeks from seed. A single 250 watt HPS will last you until then. Be ready to buy more lights at that point if it's a female.

I would suggest buying a HPS light that will be enough to finish your crop

Im getting a 1000w HPS from my dad when we move house so I see no point ATM. This is most likely gonna be a CFL grow. Sorry to disappoint.

Looking good but as stoney said you need alot more light. I also think that flowering in that cab will be more problems than anything, you need some ventilation and some more space.

I don't know if it will get to flowering by the time we move house. But if it does im gonna move it to a bigger 6' wardrobe. And spend some cash to get some more lights.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back