Thinking more stealth than a tent now, armoire help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
Alright, right now Im running several tents, but I want to use dressers or armoires..

Id like to get a 3x3x8 armoire and split it in half.. Run a vertical 600 in each for flower..
Then get a small 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3 for my 2' t5 8 bulb for veg..

Im sure it wont be a problem finding the dresser or something for veg, but finding a 3x3x8 armoire or some piece of furniture is rather difficult as most pieces are like 4' long and less than 2' wide.. yes thats enough sqft but a 3x3 or 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 would kick ***!

Any help finding something I could use?

I use an armoir for a veg cab, but it's not those dimensions. Mine is a double door deal 1 1/2' x 3' x 6'...but I had a 400w switchable in there for awhile, it worked good. I only paid 10 bucks for it at Habitat for Humanity 2nd time around store...like a goodwill type store, but they sell household, and home improvement type things. If you have a store like this around you, just check in a couple times a month. If you need something right now, do a search on Sauder Woodworking, out of Ohio...they make a bunch of pre-fab furniture out of particle board, pretty cheap, and have a huge selection. I think the name of the town is Archbold Ohio.

I started out with some nice woode cabinets that had white laminate on them, The thing I didnt like about them is how much harder it is to customize them for growing... You need special tools for any holes you need in the cabinet such as duct.. It just seemed like everything cost more and required tools that I only need once or twice.. I switched to tents because they were designed to do what I was trying to do... Wihin an hour a Tent can be from box to up and running...

I don't know your DIY skill level. They just don't make the typical armoire square and tall like 3x3x8.... What you are describing sounds like the typical apartment linen closet or stand up shower stall. If I were going stealth (assuming you have a garage), I'd look into a couple of broke down stand up freezers. They usually come with locks and no one thinks twice about an old freezer or two in the garage. If anyone asks say it's your BILs deer meat and you don't have the key... ?

Good point Mindzeye...both of my cabinets are made of wood, but I grew up around carpenters, and have had my own tools for years...I didn't think about everyone not haveing them. The thing I like best about ya'll's cloth/plastic tents is the fact that they can be disassebled quickly. Mine are put together with screws, I have a 4x4 box, that would take an hour at least to take apart if I had to...you guys opperation could be done in what...10 min?

yeah. putting up my tent for the first time only took about 15 minutes. and that was first time. tearing it down would be real quick if i did it urgently...

Actually, I found that I could keep my grows more stealth if I used my closets for my grows and the armoires for my clothes.

find a carpenter that does such things he could do you a custom closet with the holes for dicts and rail and everything, it would look like normal furniture but i bet it would be pricey

zem said:
find a carpenter that does such things he could do you a custom closet with the holes for dicts and rail and everything, it would look like normal furniture but i bet it would be pricey

I bet he'd know what you were doing too, if that's a problem. Spent about 30 years in construction and probably met all of 2 carpenters who didn't partake.

How about a false walll leading into a grow room?

the chef said:
How about a false walll leading into a grow room?

I helped my best friend design and build one (he was not very handy, but had $$$) It was an enjoyable build, and worked awesome...too bad he died way to soon, he only got 1 1/2 yrs out of it. You could not even tell this room was there, and be sitting on the other side of the wall. I think the only way the law would have ever found it would have been if a snitch, or they would have really figured out square footage of the house. Maybe a dog...but the'd have had to have a good nose, to go through 1' thick walls, double insulation, and sound proofing board on one side, and drywall on the other.

Latest posts

Back