This guy deserves some respect.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
I got this PM. I know it's not polite to post a PM...but I ommitted his username and stuff.

This guy came to this forum on advice on how to quit, yet the knew were to come. To the exerienced....The guy has been banned for his age but he acted like an adult...I just felt good about this question.

Life first...weed second. To me that is a great rule.

....edit...... said:
Whatsup My Dude, ....edit....... That's Cool, Sounds Like You Give Good Advice. I've Been Smoking For A Year Now (........edit.........), I Want To Quit, For Now, Atleast Until I Graduate. I Say I Want To Quit Everyday, Most Of The Times I End Up Burnin'. Anyways, Are There Any Tips You Can Recommend?

[/QUOTE=mutt]
Well man, I have to follow the rules. I'm giving you one day to get this PM....then I have to ban you for being underage. I'll post the rules after what I have to say.
Find something else to do. Stay away from your friends for at least 2 weeks. You have to get your strength. Read, learn something or start a new hobby. ANYTHING to get your mind of it. Stay quit, your freinds are NOT at fault. If they smoke be cool about it, just let em know you're tryng to get your life together. IF they are tru good freinds (trust me they are very far and few between...I'm over 30 yrs. old) They'll respect you for what YOU HAVE TO DO. If they don't then they aren't your freinds. Friends watch each others back and back-em up whether they understand or not. My best freind and god-father of my kid help keeps my rear-end in line and I do the same for him. He can't smoke so I make sure he is respected and NOT offered any smoke. Freinds=respect. Remember that.

OK for the bad part.....dude, you asked a great question and I'm going to post this with your username removed outa respect as you ARE an intellegent young man and knew where to get a truthful response. But sadly your Banned for 1 yr. until you are 18 yrs. old. Sorry man.

Mutt is a wise man. There are times where me or a friend of mine has some studying to do and we know not to offer eachother a hit. You gotta know when no means no, and your friends gotta know too. So, hopefully they're understanding and good luck in your studies.

peace.

Howdy Mutt, I've been reading good info on around here for the past few months, don't post much, but I would like to say this is a shining example of why I love MP. I would also like to suggest a "Help Quitting" type of forum for those who may need or have advice. (<-- I'll post in the appropriate forum also).

Some quitting advice:

As Mutt suggests, take 2 weeks or so and remove yourself from any situations that would give you the opportunity.

I find that eating fruit and drinking water throughout the day help immensely. For me, Apples and bananas are what I prefer. I find it helps me with my drive, stamina and focus.

If you do something, anything - fruit, exercise, something with the kids or your pet - and make it a routine, it will act as a reminder of your goal and determination on the sub-conscious level where your brain is sayin' "light up a fatty"

I've been smoking for near 26 years and have stopped a few times for whatever reasons and usually that initial week or two sometimes can be a little bumpy.

Peace

Let me start by applauding any young adult who is competent enough to realize that as life and circumstances change, it may be necessary to adapt.

Everone has a responsability to stand back every once in a while and evaluate there current position.

I think you have made a VERY positive decision to postpone smoking until after you graduate. The fact you asked for help is a great step in recognizing that you can achieve your goal. You've already got the ball rolling.

Will Power my friend, that all it is. I chewed tobacco for a 8+ years. Dirty Dirty habbit. Has no positive attributes and i tried several times unsuccesfully to quit. It wasn't until my grandfather came by and saw me chewing again and made a comment that effected me and enabled me to achieve quitting for good. He is a veteran and volunteer'd as a merchant marine in WWII. He looked at me, shook his head from side to side and said, what's a matter with you kids these days? Your all pussies and have absolutely NO WILLPOWER. i thought about that......Willpower......if you cant control yourself then someone/something else will!

I never chewed again. I threw my chew away. If you can't throw your stash away...well...then you really don't want to quit do you?

Do you have WILLPOWER? than throw whatever quantity you have away. the second step, don't put yourself in a situation you cant handle. If you can't be around a friend without smoking than let them all know you've quit and you will not be around for a few weeks. they'll understand....after 1 month you will realize....this is easy.....i'm in control....and as long as your in control....you have WILLPOWER. You must promise yourself, "i will graduate first, no matter how long it takes, even if i don't walk with my class, or have to continue for a GED in a vocation school, I WILL NOT SMOKE UNTIL I ACHIEVE THIS GOAL!"

My last piece of advise, If you cannot prove to yourself that you are in control, and that you can not set a definite goal and achieve it under your own determination......you are in for a very long dissapointing life.

You don't need me to wish you luck, just take control and prove to yourself that you have WILLPOWER

Hangin said:
. I would also like to suggest a "Help Quitting" type of forum for those who may need or have advice.

lol, it may work until they look up and see that beautiful plant in the corner, then they will just be like: Fuuuuuuck this

Hehe....I had to quit a couple of times in my life... I only date straight edge girls. When I first started my career as a crappy writer I had an ego the size of 18 foot sativa. I started dating this model girl, perfect 10 almost, except for the mole on her shoulder and the fact she wore flip flops lol. Anyhow, she was against me smoking. After a day of sitting at home alone smoking myself silly I ran out of greens, and decided not to get any. It was great for the relationship, when you quit you get a sudden burst of energy the following weeks/days, we had tons of fun. Just keep your mind occupied, women are great for it, hell any healthy relationship is good for not needing mind altering drugs.

Do lots of exercise, the adrenaline rush will kill those moments when you feel like you need it.

But, i'm not going to lie, aggression can surface as IMO some hormone and brain activity get altered when you quit as your brain tries to go back to normal. Of course... I smoke everyday now, and never plan to quit regardless of who I date, but I must admit being clear headed for a couple of months did me good. It's not a bad choice to quit and should be honored, smoking pot doesn't make you cool... being YOU makes you cool, an individual.

turtledro said:
lol, it may work until they look up and see that beautiful plant in the corner, then they will just be like: Fuuuuuuck this

Man, i'd print that bud on the corner and smoke it lol:rolleyes:

indokid said:
Mutt is a wise man. There are times where me or a friend of mine has some studying to do and we know not to offer eachother a hit. You gotta know when no means no, and your friends gotta know too. So, hopefully they're understanding and good luck in your studies.

peace.

yes he is true that and yeah man he always gives good advice

Latest posts

Back