This is a Question Not About Growing or Smoking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
USAF 1960-1969......went to SEA in April 1965 and came home in April 1966.....found out the wifey was having an affair with a 17 year old kid but I lied to her about all the BJ's I got in Thailand....never smoked any Thai weed because I was a dumb white kid who loved alcohol.....Air Force sent me to Florida in 1966 and I was introduced to SAC's attitude about CUBA which was BLOW it off the map....discovered drugs and a new attitude which included listening to some great musicians of the 1960's....fell in love with ACID mixed with some pharmaceuticals that we would steal from the doctor's desks.....rectal heroin suppositories were my favorite....I was a SSgt and worked for the Squadron Commander and First Sergeant in the Orderly Room.....they never knew I was stoned most of the time.....weed came from the islands in the Caribbean....went to a Door's concert where Jim Morrison got arrested for screwing his guitar on stage....my hippie outfit consisted of a stupid shirt and a pair of very wide bell bottoms...I also had someone try to block my last re-enlistment, A full colonel from the pentagon.....he was a true butt-head with lots of power....but I still managed to re-up....and then they kicked me out of the service on a medical discharge, lots of pre-existing personality disorders which the government is not liable for....but I did get an Honorable and eventually filed a claim with the VA for disability in the late 1980's.....13 years later, two appeals, and a great lawyer, I finally was declared Permanent and Totally Disabled and received a 100% disability for Bi-Polar Disorder that was considered service connected and exacerbated by my participation in a secret test program to design a seat for the space capsule Mercury to land in the desert instead of in the ocean....have mixed feelings about the VA health care system ever since my Psychiatrist went nuts and was medically retired....I only smoke weed when I feel like getting stoned alone and have no need to leave the property....I did 12 years in group therapy with Vietnam vets who were all PTSD patients, most of them were Marines, a couple were Army Rangers and one was an insane Chief Petty Officer who hated the Chinese....I was in the Medical Corps, mostly administrative duties, so I couldn't relate to their trauma stories other than wondering where their courage came from....I am glad that I survived the military and do not encourage anyone to join.....but I want to thank everyone for their time served.....and that they survived...Pdude E-5 with five years in grade and always wanted the next stripe

United States Naval Construction Battallion One, Alpha Company.

First fire team, 50cal gunner. M203, M60, 240 Gulf, M16A4 E-3, M9, At-4, Mk-19, Moarter Teams.

Forward patrol and recon pointman.

Hummer and Heavy Chassis Mechanic, Ambulance driver, Drill operator, Equipment tester.

Tours:

Kosovo
Afghanistan (briefley)
Australia (3 month multi-force training involving british, german, canadian and australian forces not one year before the iraq war broke out. Interesting. Spent 2.5 months in the bush, braving the most deadly wildlife imaginable)
Guam (7 months. Civil service, paving, security, quarrying, Training)
Mississippi (Homeport. I consider this being in another country. Training, School)
Spain (vacation after Kosovo. Security, Training, School)
Italy (Training)
Germany (Beer)

I was a e-1 joining, left just before takng my e-5 exam.

I don't want to get into too many details, but I spent a great deal of my time training, and getting everything I could out of the service.

I left because I need to think for myself and do not agree with current policy and direction of the us millitary.

Plus, people in for the most part are kinda dumb. At least in my time and place.

Working with a whole lot of construction workers who are trained to build and kill.

Hoorah.

First and the finest for life.

The Effen Gee said:
...all Chief Petty Officers are insane.

Right on Effen Gee......when I was in Florida we had a doctor who would rent a small plane, drop acid and fly upside down along the Miami coast line

We also had another doctor who was assigned to be Nixon's personal physician (Nixon liked to hang out with some friends in Key Biscayne)

Soooooooo, the secret service gave him a visit.....asked him why he shaved his head, asked him why he had a pet python from Vietnam......and asked him why he carried a 45.....he told them, 'I've always shaved my head' and 'the python is my friend and it's fun feeding him rats' and about the 45 he said, 'Your MP's are armed with automatic weapons and they are dumb as rocks and probably educated thru the 10th grade, I have THREE medical degrees, worked in Chicago, and always carried a 45'

They OK'd him for Nixon's physician, but when he went AWOL in Las Vegas he lost his job......

sirens going off... live link....change TT to XX...simple $

the memories of our servicemen and duties performed in the american spirit of freedom reinforce the theory that even through crappy times and doubts of moral integrity...we still rock...thanks to all ...

not in the armed forces but my father was and wanted to say thanks to everyone doing the same jobs he did.
<3Dad.Hero<3

Thank you everyone for responding, it means a lot to me to know that you are out there. It wasn't until 1980 before I would talk to other Vets.
Found this a while back, it has stuck with me ever since.

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q9SadjmBzQ

"I can Neither Confirm Nor Deny" my Military Service" j/k

1981-1985 USNavy

Thanks to all the other Vets and their families

Jambo
"P"

Latest posts

Back