This is getting RIDICULOUS...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPuffAlot

Green thumb in training
Reaction score
I want to RANT and Complain.
It isn't political either.

but WHATS GOING ON???

News have it, that our local power company is going to up its RATES
AGAIN. After the 100%, doubling(even tripling) the cost of electicity
a year ago for residents, and 2 years ago for business's.

Im not one to whine about cost, but its getting border line ridiculous.
They doubled/tripled the whole regions electicity cost, and now
plan on UPPING the cost again. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

my home electric bill went from about $200 a month to $400+,
and my business went from 1200 a month
to over 2500 a month, NOW another increase?? LORD have MERCCY.

On top of everything else. OIL is up to 96$ a barrell, $3 + for regular
is here to stay.

Dont be suprised to see $1.75 for a 20z soda, some stores already
at that price in my area.

SOMETHING IS JUST NOT RIGHT.

It's not about what something is worth these days, it's about what you can get for it I'm afarid.

It is getting outrageous out there isn't it. just today i went into fill up the car and it took 35 bucks to fill a 12 gal tank (needed 3/4). Ive had this car so long i can remember when it was only taking 12 bucks to fill it when it was bone dry. the world has gotten greedy and value isn't value anymore its all rape and rob for what ever price you can get out of someone, and there has to be an end before we end up back on a bartering system. can anyone say ill trade you 2 oz of Hindu Kusch for 5 Lbs of hamburger and a gal of milk

im seeing very bad signs. As inflation ramps up. our money is getting
less and less. Our pay not only doens't keep up with inflation, but is now
decreasing in value.. Im feeling bad times ahead.

I cant be the only one seeing this. *** $5.50 for a gallon of milk.
Oranges are $1 each, in the stores. Property tax soaring STILL,
even with the housing down turn(tax's lag 3/4years).

Im telling you, something is really out of wack

I've edited out the political comments and names from this thread. Let's keep it clear of that stuff so it can remain open, ok?

Thanks everyone.

Stoney.

Stoney Bud said:
I've edited out the political comments and names from this thread. Let's keep it clear of that stuff so it can remain open, ok?

Thanks everyone.

Stoney.

Thanks Stoney..

when I first heard of the electric cost increases this morning.
I was fumming.

what part do you stay in dubbaman thats outrageous 1.75 for a 20 oz. ill slap that store owner hahaha

time to invest all that money your giving to the power company into solar panels for your house, i'll bet you can even get enough to set something up for your business and still have enough to sell backto the grid

MrPuffAlot said:
Thanks Stoney..

when I first heard of the electric cost increases this morning.
I was fumming.

This is very pertanent to most of us. Yes, inflation is rediculous. I don't see any imporvement in our future either. :(

The increasing prices are awful and I agree with that but it's not because of inflation. There are many factors contributing to escalated prices, two major ones in particular come to mind and they are both related to energy.

First, global demand for oil is skyrocketing while at the same time, production capacity is growing slowly if at all. = higher prices for everything

Second, corn prices are way up due to the ethanol kick so many people love to talk about. Believe it or not, corn is used in most of our FOOD. From cereal to soda pop and everywhere in between we use corn. It is also used to feed livestock (beef, pork, eggs, chicken, milk, butter, etc etc). As long as the public is pressing for ethanol refineries, be assured higher and higher food prices will come in spades.

It's not a good situation for the working man because I promise increased wages will lag far behind higher prices.

It should be noted that higher prices does not necessarily equal inflation. Actually, so far the Fed has kept inflation relatively low recently. Usually inflation is the affect of more money being created thereby making each dollar worth less.

Sorry for the long post. Keep it Green:D

People always complain about the price of fuel yet i see them holding and drinking a starbucks while they whine. Figure out the cost of that stuff per gallon!

In times like these people need to re evaluate their "wants" from their "needs".

allgrownup said:
People always complain about the price of fuel yet i see them holding and drinking a starbucks while they whine. Figure out the cost of that stuff per gallon!

In times like these people need to re evaluate their "wants" from their "needs".

I don't think your comparison is fair. I don't have or need to buy "gallons" of starbucks coffee. I do need to buy hundreds of gallons of gas.

I have to have electricity to run my house.

When the prices are inflated to a point where no one can buy it, I agree, something is going from bad to worse.

I can stop buying coffee without affecting my life.

This is not true about gas and electric.

Stoney Bud said:
I can stop buying coffee without affecting my life.

Now I don't know about all that :p
Without coffee don't need gas...cuz my arse ain't gettin outa bed :rofl:

(grind my own here anyway better than "starbucks" and cheaper ;) )

Mutt said:
Now I don't know about all that :p
Without coffee don't need gas...cuz my arse ain't gettin outa bed :rofl:

(grind my own here anyway better than "starbucks" and cheaper ;) )

Now that's seriously funny man! I have to restrict myself to two cups of coffee a day by the docs orders, so I really do look forward to having them. If necessary, I could do without them tho'.

I drink "Bolthouse Farms" Mocha Cappuccino.

The stuff tastes just like the little Starbucks bottled Mocha Cafe, but costs about a third as much. It comes in 1 liter plastic bottles. The stuff is addictive it tastes sooooo good.

Stoney....i think its realative. One makes a choice to put fuel in the car. Just like one makes a choice to pay 4 bucks for a single cup of coffee. People could walk or ride a bike. driving is a convenience, just like coffee. anyone who is commuting for a higher wage, and can't afford to put the gas in there tank, needs to re evaluate their situation and find a job closer to home.

What i don't get is why people blame the oil companies without giveing thought about how much of that charge per gallon is going towards taxes, refinement, shipping, etc.

i think its wild that when oil was 10 dollars a BARRELL it cost a dollar a gallon at the pump. Now its 96 dollars a barrell and is only 3 plus change at the pump. i think this winter it will hit 4 bucks but still, that's a bargain compared to cost in other countries. personally i think the energy companies are accumulating their 4 trillion a year in profits now because the supplies are going to dry up sooner than we all think and they know.

one has to ask themselves....why is the barrell still being regulated in dollars?????? The US used to be one of the largest exporters of oil, back prior to the 70's. it made sense then. Not now. I'd be interested to hear what you members whom been around a lot longer than i think about that. i did not experience the gas shortages, and the cheapest i can remember paying per gallon was 98 cents.

allgrownup, that's why it's called an opinion.

You think what you wish and I think what I wish.

I choose to not agree with you.

Life is all about being able to adapt. My life is taking a totally different direction than I could have ever imagined a year ago. Energy prices are insane. However, I am in the process of buying my very own private mountain :D in which I can build a house... with a windmill. And next summer, I am planning on buying a diesel Accord. Taking it in stride is so much easier than trying to fight the impossible.

I think it will take more of re-educating ourselves to what we are used to in our lifes and explore other options, the world has just gotten too comfortable IMHO.
READ this article on this guy John Goodwin, he has a hummer that goes 100 MPG on biodiesel fuel he rigged up himself, its an awesome article..
once we explore our other options and adapt we will forget we ever needed oil to begin with.. :aok:

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/120/motorhead-messiah.html

geeze..is it really a worry..? Once the icecaps melt, it will be easy to acccess the huge oil reserves there.. :D

..for some of us, fueling up is not an "option", but a necessity. I can remember gasoline for 19 cents p/gal...And I've "never" had a cup o' Starbucks coffee.

Hick said:
geeze..is it really a worry..? Once the icecaps melt, it will be easy to acccess the huge oil reserves there.. :D

..for some of us, fueling up is not an "option", but a necessity. I can remember gasoline for 19 cents p/gal...And I've "never" had a cup o' Starbucks coffee.

I've had "starbucks", and it's just strong coffee like you can make at home for 10 cents a cup. Big fancy machine that spits out the hot water....big deal. hehe

Yeah man, another thing people forget about this ice melting thing is that when the ice is gone, new land has just opened up to live on.

Hey, there used to be ice a mile thick where my house is now. It melted many millions of years ago and now people live on it. Somewhere in my yard, if I dig down far enough, I could find some Mammoth crap that was sitting on ice once.

How about that you dirt farmers....ya want some Mammoth crap soil? hehe

Latest posts

Back