This is my third grow and wanted to see what you all think!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiterussian

Reaction score
This is my third grow(switched to hydro). This strain is OG kush x Bubba kush.I have 4 waterfarms under a 1000 watt HPS now there 2weeks into flowering, im using all of General Hydroponics nutrients, and now ive switched to purified water instead of tap. But my only problem im having now is brown roots on two of the plants, just a week ago they were all pitched white. Does anyone know what i can do about my roots?, ive tryed lower the ppms, and the water is ph balanced.
Heres some pictures of the girls :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Roots will start to brown as the plant gets close to harvest. Can you use hydrogen peroxide to keep roots clean and healthy. It helps to kill/control root slime and some other baddies. The quantity you put in your reservoir depends on how much water you use. I think there is a sticky on this site about it.
What strains are you growing and how tall were they when you put them into flowering? Looking at the pics it is hard to tell the current size.

Barbapopa said:
Roots will start to brown as the plant gets close to harvest. Can you use hydrogen peroxide to keep roots clean and healthy. It helps to kill/control root slime and some other baddies. The quantity you put in your reservoir depends on how much water you use. I think there is a sticky on this site about it.
What strains are you growing and how tall were they when you put them into flowering? Looking at the pics it is hard to tell the current size.
there about 2 feet right now and its OGxBubba kush i got them as clones they were about a 1-1.5 feet when i put them into flower

Whats the water temp? Aside from the brown roots, are they growing good? I would flush the water and start fresh using hydrogen peroxide in the mix. Couldn't hurt.

Barbapopa said:
Whats the water temp? Aside from the brown roots, are they growing good? I would flush the water and start fresh using hydrogen peroxide in the mix. Couldn't hurt.
I dont know what the water temps are, we never got into that but i know we should buy a meter for temps as well, and how much hydrogen peroxide should i put per gallon, and there two weeks into flower and you think i should flush? should i flush just for a few days or so?

i also had brown roots. make sure there is no light getting into your res. i taped my entire res, including the lid, with foil A/C duct tape. get net pot lids also. high res temps are not good, keep between 65 - 72 F.

start w/ good H2o because it will be easier to dial in your PH /PPM.

SSH

Are the roots brown or a rust color? If brown just add some peroxide, not too much. If there a rust color & feel slimy, you could have whats called "rust". It is a algea that will grow on the roots only. It can cause nute lockdown & slowly kill your plants. Peroxide will help this some, but the best prevention is to keep all light out of your resavior & keep the water temp. between 65 to 70 degrees. Later Man

GH nutes (the Micro in particular) will turn your roots somewhat brown, just because of the coloring of the nutes--the roots are still healthy. So, check your water temps and make sure your roots are getting enough oxygen. If they are and your roots are not slimy or too brown, it just may be the nutes coloring the roots.

remember that H2o2 kills off all bacteria, even beneficial batceria and is dissapates quickly.

from what ive read you need to continue with the H2O2 every other day b/c your plants will become dependant on it b/c there is no beneficial bacteria. perhaps an expierenced grower could chime in if this is true.

for high res temps try setting your res on blocks to allow airflow around the entire res. i looking into a Galvanized metal tub thinking the metal would dissapate heat more quickly.

hope you get things under control

SSH

Latest posts

Back