Timmmmmmbeeeerrrrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
well after the past few days with the mold scare and considering the advice ive gotton from the members on the site and from PMs (thanks again Mr.P) ive decided to cut down and harvest what i can off of my indica (the molded ones have already been removed) the girl has about 45% brown calyxes and about 40% amber trichs so unles im wrong this smoke once dried should be an head buzz. now on the the questions.

1. she hasnt been flushed or to let the soil dry out completely will this have a negative effect on the plant while it drys

2. she hasnt had a few days of dark before she'll be removed can this have a negative effect on her

im sure that there are more things i should ask before i do this as im sure that there is more info you guys will need to know before you can answer these ??s too so heres a bit more info

the potter

the potter is a 1 cu ft square potter with a soil mix of plain top soil MG and pearlite (50%-30%-20% respectivly) it houses 2 plants the one i plant on cuttin out (indica) and another that is still only about 4 weeks of flower (sativa) im cuttin the one out from the mold issue. pH is currently 7

watering

i dont use any nutes (other than the time release ones in the MG) but i have given it some plant food before but i stopped using it once they went into flower it has an N_P_K of 24-8-16 and the past couple of waterings have been rain water collected (last water was last night) currently soil is moist (meter reads on scale of 1-10 and its sitting on 5)

lighting

i dont have any HID lighting i use flos on a side mount grow i have 4 dual bulb ballasts that are 4 foot long using 6 g.e. kitchen and bath T-12 tubes 3400 lumen ea. and 2 vita-lite twist T-12 2400 lumen ea. and 1 g.e. warm whie CFL 42W (150=) 2700 lumen.. lumen in box is total of 27900 lumen/sq' (if im right on how to do it) is 7440 lumen/sq'

the box

my flower box is 1.5'd x 2.5'w x 7't mylar for the walls and fans for intake and exaust. intake fans are (1) 6" 3 speed(set on med) and (1) 4" (no speed control) and the exaust is a 20" box fan temps stay about 85-90F with humidity normal of about 40-55%

well thats all i can thinkof for background info if there is something more needed or there is anything that i left out please post in the thread and ill get the info

So your harvesting 1 plant out of a POT of 2??

unfortunately its going to be almost impossible to get the roots
out of the pot where the other plant is. As your young plant grows
the harvested roots will start to rot. Which is going to attract/breed
scarid flies/fungus gnats.

Some say, flushing is good, some say it doesn't matter, its all preference.
IMO: you'll be fine.

From what I understand.. 24/hrs of darkness increasing potency is a myth.

Dont use time released Nute soil. Will cause burn down the road, you
have no control of it. WHich is bad thing.

thanks as always Mr.P i had thought of the root problem and my plan is to wait a couple of days and remove it like its a stump (just dig the stump and as much top root as possible) i hope to not do much harm to the other plant in the process and ive ben using some pearlite on the top to stop gnats (forgot that in the soil part my bad) im holding off till tomorrow or the next day to begin with cause i want to run at least one more day of air through it and then she is going to come down which bring me to a question that a fresh mind can bring to things :rofl: after i cut her and take off the buds should i put her in to hang before i put her in the dry box that i made

oh and before the clones get the TP to the flower box it is going to be FF soil not sure which one yet but im still in the air on the nute pack... just not sure if i want to use it

well so i didnt wait till the am to go on and take her down i seen that the moisture meter was down to 3 (almost bone dry) so i went and chopped her out didnt get many pics of the plant out of the potter or while i was in the process of giving her a mani (mainly because i had no camera at the timeand i dont want you guys to see me :rofl: its not personal) but i did get one of what i got off her (its on here) she was almost 4' tall with about 2.5' of budded area on her (less the 6" that was molded :( ) she gave me 147gms wet so im thinking that will be about 2-3oz once dry (i hope) if anyone knows for sure how much the weight changes during a dry please fill me in got a lot of nice lookin nugz off her eso im pleased even if it was 2 weeks early she had about 50%50% mix of white/brown calyxes and about 40%45% amber trichs on her the rest were very cloudy with very few clear so im hoping that she will make me very happy when dry (as far as my first grow is concerned im very pleased good learning experience and now i can take that exp and use it for my clones)

5.5oz wet weight.jpg

well its been just over 12 hours in the box and she has lost alot of weight, but not looking too bad for missing the last couple of weeks in flower,and all the other problems that came along the way im going to leave her in for another day to let her get a bit more dry when i rotated her around today she still felt real wet (and sticky) i did weigh one of the bigger budz before it went in and it was 25g while rotating today i weighed it again and it was down to about 17g. after the next day of drying my plan is ot sample a bit of it ( i tossed the nolded ones) and put the rest in a jar to cure. im not goign to cure it long might do a 2 week one on some and a month on some other see if there is any difference with time

after a day of dry in the box.JPG

I'm sure i will and she gave me a copy lol of herself so were gonna do it again, funny though my wife has always said no cheating,and Ive held up my end, at least till i started growing my own female companions, and she is OK with it :rofl:

here we are at 2 days in the box and she feels dry on the outside but is still a bit damp in the middle, so i put her in a jar for the day gonna try to pull some of that moisture out by letting her sit in the stagnant air in the jar (have to burp it soon), but alls well shes lost alot of weight gonna be aobut 2.5oz off her in the end ,but hey not bad for a plant that i was given and had to nurse to health and taken out about a week and a half early .had to be because of this neverending rain :hairpull: my room is in a garage that has like all moisture problems when it rains thin walls and half butt insulation thats my next home improvement item :rofl: but then i plan on putting her back in the box for another day and thne some in the jar to cure for a couple of weeks and some to sample and believe me im ready to see she smells so good im ready to eat it

Great job bro looks nice and sticky:D cant wait to hear a smoke report peace

:woohoo: after 3 days in the dry box i made and one in a bag to pull some moisture back to the outside of her shes dry enough to sample :woohoo: so that was my Breakfast this A.M. with my coffee. a :bong: and i was alive she turned out to be a very up buzz (clear head high) and i got off my butt and cleaned the house :spit: and then had another and was ready to just sit back relax and be pleased with the tun out even if it was an early harvest of her she turned out great (for a first attempt) pulled about 3 O's off her in the end. not bad small plant and early cut im happy and its free so you cant beat the price if your willing to wait in line.:D time to put some in the jar for a cure

shes dry time to cure.JPG

:) Im glad to hear that, im also fighting the rain, luckily i think i might have 2 more weeks before mine go down, so much for harvesting at the same time.. LOL.. ill let u know how mine goes

congra Dubba:aok:3 oz from one plant is very good man:)

Firepower said:
:) Im glad to hear that, im also fighting the rain, luckily i think i might have 2 more weeks before mine go down, so much for harvesting at the same time.. LOL.. ill let u know how mine goes

and dont forget i still have one that should be ready in about another month or so. they grew in the same potter before i got them and have been nursing them back. i got them this far back with all the problems they had and they turned out suprisingly well for a first time try but im hooked now got clones of them and im off for more

she smokes great too, nice smooth easy hits and the up buzz was great for the morning wake and bake and the fresh taste was something different but i liked it cant wait till the bunch cures to see how that turns out . gonna cure for 2 weeks i think and see if that hels out. mostly because now that i have the aboility to grow it im really looking forward to not having to buy it :hubba:

i also harvested previous grow plants at 7 weeks but the smoke was realy great-a bomb after 10 days in jar...:p

thanks for that i kept her in the diy dry box for 3 days and i still have a bunch left from my supply that i bought before i knew i was going to have this early harvest and she is sittin in a jar now curing away

smooth as a babies behind is bald gave me and the wife a real head buzz not a couch lock stone but a hey lets go and see the world rush

hey dubbaman what a result 3oz from a plant:D:holysheep:

thats some serious buddage and all i have to say is enjoy your smoke man and ya always learn from ya mistakes:ignore:

no offence intended man just take on board what ya learnt this grow and go forward and better yaself with ya growing skills.:p;):cool:

nice one dubba im happy for ya dude:)

laters pkj:eek:

Latest posts

Back