Tips of leaves discolored. Pic. Please help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erwinsweeney

Reaction score
These are AK-48. A little over a month old. They are growing at a good rate, however the leaf tips are discolored as you can see in the picture. The rest of the leaves are solid green, no spotting or browning. Any advice is appreciated.

Photo0058.jpg

Are any of the tips on any of the leaves curling under at all?
Just looks like tiny amount of nute burn to me.
Nothing to worry about if it is just dont put there dose up.
Could even be an idea to weaken there mix a bit but personally i would leave it, well if they dont get any worse anyway.

What you growing in? Soil i think.
Do you know your ph?
What nutes and how strong ppm or ml/L.

Look pretty nice though ;)

Yes. They are growing in soil. PH tested yesterday it was at 6.5. Using Fox Farms Grow Big, and Big Bloom. I did initially mix the nutes stronger than what the label suggested. Thank you.

Most only mix nutes at 50% strength of what the label say and you build up to that slowly starting around quarter strength, if you mixing per the bottle i not surprised you getting burn

Thanks Newbud. Where would you go from here? No nutes for a while? Or dilute to 25%, and feed once a week?

Well how long you been feeding nutes?
If they been taking nutes for while and only got burnt tips i'd leave em but if you just started feeding and they burnt straight off i'd give em 1/3 to 1/2 strength for while

Dont get drawn into thinking more nutes will give you more bud mate, its about finding the right balance for each strain, even each plant in extreme cases.
I've heard plenty people say stick to 50% at max of manufacturers recommendations and i have come to that exact conclusion myself with my own plants.

To get the best from the plant concentrate on making sure temps are right, humidity, ventilation, adequate lighting etc.
All these points will grow you a better quality plant than just throwing nutes at it.
Plenty of reading is the best thing you could do for her;)

I've been feeding nutes twice a week, for about 2 1/2 weeks, at a higher strength than what the directions called for.

Right that seems like they had plenty then lol.

Test the ph of the run off/through.
If its too high just give water for while then go back to 50% ish.
If the run off ph is fine then i'd maybe stick to 3/4 as they seem to be able to handle it.

hey newbud, can i get just a regular ph test kit at walmart or is there something special about the one they sell at the grow stores? i need to test my ph here and the grow store isnt opening im freakin

Some use test strips and manage but as ph is one of if not the most important parts of growing the sweet herb you be much better off buying a digital ph pen from somewhere like Ebay.
I got mine of Ebay for about £10-£15.
Best money you can spend.
There are more expensive ones with more functions but it at least lets you know what your plants are getting and mine tested as accurately as a friends much more expensive one :)

just went out and purchased me a checker ph test pen by hanna, just calibrate, and dip right in, even got the waterproof one incase i drop it in the nutes, thanks again newbud

Hi Bud I would have transplanted to bigger pot at this time. Maybe 5 gallon pail . I like violet mix with some perlite. Ph adjusted. Some small amount of ferts so I can just water till I start to bloom.

Solves several problems.

Latest posts

Back