to flower or not to flower this is my question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allmashedup

hi everyone.:) my blueberry cheese is 4 weeks old. 5inch tall. i want to put her into flowering as quick as i can. is this too early or should i wait ? thanks everyone;)

That'll be just a micro grow if you put her into flower at 5" tall. Plant looks nice and healthy. I'd veg for a couple more weeks at least. Why only 5" tall after 4 weeks? Is this a very slow-growing type?

i thought it was normal size for 4 weeks. its a very bushy plant. what does everyone else think.

I'd let it go in veg lighting for at least 6 weeks... it takes at least that long for the plant to be sexually mature enough to be able to start flowering anyways, so leave it in optimum growing conditions till at least then (veg light cycle)... unless it's extrodinary and flowers sooner....

nice plant, btw ;)

thanks crazy. thats what ill do. thats what i did last time. but ide thought ide ask anyway.

What lights are you vegging under? I would wait awhile, as flowering won't start till the plant is sexually mature. Give it a few more weeks and you won't regret it, as you will reap more...

Peace...j.b.

Yeah allmashed up, that's a nice, bushy, little plant. I've had some plants grow somewhat slowly like that before. It looks nice and healthy. I increased the amount of light in my closet for this grow, and by comparison to my former grows, these have grown faster. I had one 400 watt HID. For this grow, I added two Fluorex fluorescent flood lights, one is a 100 watt light, and the other is 85 watts. Those two additional lights helped to increase the rate of growth for me.

Why did you want to flower it so soon? Let it get nice and big. It looks really nice.

I'd let it go in veg lighting for at least 6 weeks... it takes at least that long for the plant to be sexually mature enough to be able to start flowering anyways

You can flower anytime you like. This whole "sexual mature" thing is an old wives tale. Any seed started under 12/12 lighting will show sex and start budding in 3 weeks.

:yeahthat: I flower when my plants are approx 6in or 2/3 weeks old.Have always ended up with nice quality product.

Latest posts

Back