Tom-tom's Godzilla Hydro Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growdude said:
This is what I do, Mix my nutes at whatever str. I want for the stage of growth there in, when the rez runs low I refill with fresh nute solution but I will flush out the system every 2 weeks with water and clearex then replace the nute solution.

My stand alone units I will alternate between Plain PH adj. water and the nute solution, but those house my moms and im trying to keep the nutes to a min. without having to flush so I give them alot of straight water.

I know you dont have your TDS meter yet but what Im really trying to do is maintain a constant PPM reading in the buckets over the course of 2 weeks then flush the system.
I will see the PPM readings climb as time goes on and I will see my PH begin to drop and then ill need a rez change.

If you just keep adding nutes without some kind of flush toxic levels of salts will build up.

What is the proper PPM level you try to maintain? I am going to be doing a hydro grow soon in a DWC and want to ensure the PPM levels are kewl.

How do you tell if you need more nutrients? Or have too many in the water? I have a TDS meter, but have never used it. I don't even know if I have the manual for it anymore. LOL it was a cheap $20 tds pen from ebay.

Well its somewhat strain dependent

But I go by plant height 1-3" ~250 ppm
3-6" 350-500 ppm
6-8 " 500-800 ppm
over 8" 800-1300 ppm
I dont like going over 1300ppm.

From what ive seen if your nutes are too low you get pale yellow leaves and slow growth.
Too much and the leaf tips will burn, more and leaf tips drop and burn shows on edges of leaves.

good to know! I never knew how to base PPM levels. I just kinda put nutes in and "got lucky".

Now I have somethign to measure with to help me out. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back