Too late? Too small?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBong

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a friend who has a bunch of outdoor plants, one of which was caught in the shade all summer and went forgotten. Pic below. I have super cropped her as she was just a single stretched stalk. My question: Being that it is the Northeast and we have 8 weeks or so left for outdoor should I put her outside to finish? I have a super sunny spot currently occupied by 2 of my own beauties. Would she even yield anything? Or should I just keep her inside, re-veg and hope for the best. The space WAS going to be for 2 clones I have,(see on the left of the pic) so outdoors would be ideal for me.

WP_20130826_005.jpg

I would Love on her inside..get her healthy then flower her...I would also rec...you smooth that Milar out...and is that a heat light in there?

No. A spot because I had a light blow. Lol, its been changed. Smoothing out mylar, check. Also I decided to put her out since she was free and such. Gonna focus on my clones.

Your ladies woul d love some t5's or 8's I bet. Low heat, energy efficient and a a clinch can bloom under with right bulb color swap out. but in a pinch like i said.

:joint4:

:48:

can"t beat the sun. fixes many problems almost overnight. no worries. think you made the right call. do or die. goodluck!:)

Update! Outside was a good choice. She's got a couple weeks left still, but I'm sure the sun was the right choice.

WP_20130926_001.jpg

WP_20130926_002.jpg

Good choice. If you can keep any cold dew and frost off of her between now and harvest, she should finish nicely :)

BeerBong said:
Update! Outside was a good choice. She's got a couple weeks left still, but I'm sure the sun was the right choice.

She is looking good, however, you have a lot longer than a couple of weeks to go. She looks like a plant that has been flowering maybe 2 weeks. I think that you most likely have at least 6 weeks to go with her. The buds are still really small. The sun was only a good choice if you have 6 more weeks of good weather.

Well all my plant outside are at this stage. Why would they be so late to flower? My others have been out since June.

Some plants just do not do well outdoors. I don't know how far north you are or what your weather has been like, but when the temps drop below 60, your plants growth is going to slow significantly. Also, the further north you are, the longer your days are. I am at about the 43rd parallel and our days are just now getting to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark. It could be that the long days just delayed the onset of flowering. Or other factors like poor soil, poor nutrients, pH being off, etc, etc could contribute to small plants.

My other plants aren't small at all, quite large actually. But the bud sites are all at about this stage. What can I do to ensure they get to maturity? I'd hate to chop them early...I'm looking at days in the mid 50's to low 70's right now, nights into the 40's.

I don't know if this will work or not but I would get some clear plastic and some 1"x4" or 2"x2" boards and build some make-shift greenhouses to just cover them enough to keep the warmth inside and allow them to continue to flower as long as possible. I did that with roses one winter to protect them from frost and snow and they stayed nice and toasty under the plastic. :)

Latest posts

Back