too much LST and bent the stem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberquest

Junior GreenThumb
Reaction score
well i am not sure what i was doing was actually LST but i was basically just trying to tie the plant down so i could drop the light because i added more plants to the flower room.

the plant is a bean pole so bent over very easy, all went well with the first time, just pulled her over and clipped it to the side of the bucket. then this morning i brought her down a little more, she came over nice and easy again, but when i went back in a little later it actually put a crease in the stem!

will she be ok? i let it back up some and put another little support just above it so there wouldnt be any stress on the bent area. but i still need to get her down just a little more and i am scared to do it now.

she is about three weeks into flower, is this going to affect her buds?

stem2.jpg

stem3.jpg

stem.jpg

Place a bandaide around the crease (snap,pinch) support the branch and watch what happens in about a week. You'll get a big knot where the damage happened and she'll start shooting like crazy. What ya did is called pinching or supercropping. You may have did it to much but if you didn't she'll take off from that spot outward........;)

it was bent at about a 9 degree angle when i found it. no visable signs of any breakage, meaning i didnt see any cracks anywhere. the plant is very soft and bendable so i am hoping she will be fine. so far since it happened i havent seen anything given any indication thats anything has gone wrong.

cyberquest said:
it was bent at about a 9 degree angle when i found it. no visable signs of any breakage, meaning i didnt see any cracks anywhere. the plant is very soft and bendable so i am hoping she will be fine. so far since it happened i havent seen anything given any indication thats anything has gone wrong.

I did that 3 times once to the same girl. LOL! Hurt me more than it hurt her.
In other words she'll be fine. Like Bojok says she'll grow a big knot there. Just take a stick and splint it up for support for a week or 2.

Just be careful with her from now on. Usually they can break easily where the knot forms :)

Latest posts

Back