toping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNY

Reaction score
looking for some info on how should i top my plants. this is my first crop and my plants are already at 6ft and i hear that toping will increase my buds.:hubba:

Yo Ho BENNY,

Allow us if you will to extend a warm welcome to you first, now that the formalities are done. Let's think on that pruning shall we.

1. Ideally you would start your careful pinching when your baby has about five to six sets of limbs to it's credit. The idea is that if your giving your baby the right light, not too much water, and the light isn't set so far above the plants then you can avoid the plant stretching and becoming too stretchy.

2. When the baby is ready say for it's sixth set you start pruning to get it too branch again, and again. Some folks even go to tying the baby over until the side branches form multiple main stalks. I dare say that your a touch late doing that to yours. However if your still in the veg stage, then you can go ahead and work your darling now, but try not to cut too big a wood off. drop it's tall by no more that 1 foot, and remember that it will continue to grow when you put it into flower too.

Good luck, and share a pic or two huh ?

smoke in peace
kingKahuuna:cool:

i only top plants at about 6". LST would be much better for you if your plants are that tall.

Can you post a picture? What kind of light are you using? What is your internodal spacing? I am guessing that your plants are probably stretched. I agree with Growdude that LST would probably be better, but without seeing your plants, it is hard to say.

HELLO folks thanks for the info this i the first time i have seen a reply to my question. i wasnt shining anyone on. i do have pic posted in the members gallery.

Latest posts

Back