Topping more than once?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MergeLeft

I feel better already!
Reaction score
In another post, someone was asking about a plant that had grown long & spindly. If I had a non-mj plant that did that, I would just keep 'pinching it back' on top, and even the sideshoots until it got stronger and bushier. Likwise, to limit height.

What happens if you top- pinch out the new center leaves- more than once; or if you "top" sideshoots?

Here is what happens if you do it once, two colas, as I learned from the sages here.

topped1.jpg

topped2.jpg

topped3.jpg

Everytime you top one spot two new shoots will come out in place of the one. ;)

:headbang2: Cool, thanks Brother's G.

Will the plant get bushier too, or will all the extra energy go into the new shoots? One of the plants I topped at the same time is pumping everything into the rest, and the top still looks like this:

topped4.jpg

from what I understand, once you top two shoots will pop out of it ever time you top. On top of that while it is slowly repairing itself from the top you did it will encourage growth of what is already there making it bushy. This will increase veggie time though because it will stunt your verticle growth so if you want to top and go into flowering make sure to top at LEAST 3 weeks before you go into flowering.

Latest posts

Back