transplant looking droopy???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remember888

Reaction score
Hi everybody allow to pick your brains please. I'm on my first grow and I picked up some hash plant clones from a friend getting large yields. When I picked them up they were in 32oz cups and a little further along than I realized about 10 inchesin height and stocky there werevonly 3 ready so I grabbed those to get started and get a feel for the strain while waiting on a full order I took home andbimmediately threw into veg under 1 of my 1000 watt hps lights while still in cup 18" off top of plant 77 degree room 50-56 percent humidity feeding only water for 3 days they immediately thickend up and jumped 3inches nice and green I was preparing to start the pure essentials black label veg feeding schedule so I decided to transplant the same day I started nute program due to friends experience in rapid growth when starting black label. I grabbed 7 gallon fabric pots and a medium combo of 1 bail pro mix 1 bag happy frog. I then placed plants in pot and mixed my nutes in my gallon water jugs
And began to water each plant until soil was moist which i think is where I went a little wrong. The next day I noticed the plants a little wilty looking and some leaves curled under appearing over watered and I've been letting it dry with no more watering andvthe leaves r pepping back up but have a few small yellow spots on a few leaves. I'm thinking jumping to seven gal to get soil damp was just to much water and nutes? How bout you all and how do I correct. Thanks everybody

When watering there is a wet /dry cycle to follow. Allow buckets to lose 2/3rds of their fully saturated weight before watering again.

I would not suggest another transplant yet. They need to establish a larger root system first.

Yellow spots are most likely a ph issue.

Good luck.

Can we get some pics?

Are they growing or stretching? When a new grower says that their plants grw 3" almost immediately, I suspect stretch, not actual growth.

How long since the clones were cut and rooted? Just because they were 10" tall did not necessarily mean they had good root development.

I suspect the yellow spots are where you got nute solution on the leaves.

How strong did you mix the nutes? I am more suspect of overnuting than overwatering. IMO, the plants need a good watering after you transplant. I also would not go from 32 oz cups to 7 gal pots--I just think that 7 gal pots are too big for small plants without a good root system established. The quantity of nuted water you poured into the soil is not the issue, it is the strength of the solution. Does the soil mixture you used have good drainage properties without any other additives?

Tell us about the rest of your grow. How is your water quality? Did you check your starting water ppms? I noticed that the makers of the nutes recommend RO water with a starting TDS of 25 or under. At this point, I don't believe it is a pH issue, unless your pH is way out of whack. When your pH is off, it affects nutrient uptake. I believe that these plants are too "new" to be affected by pH issues already. However, pH is very important and you do need to mix your nutes right and pH if needed.

You mentioned 77 degrees in your room. Where is the temperature being taken? Do you have a space set up or is the light in a larger room? A 1000W is only good for about 25-28 sq ft. What kind of ventilation do you have set up?

MOIST pro mix??

Dry peat moss (pro mix) actually repels water and the initial wetting takes some work. I don't think you got your mix wet in the first place and that's why you have the droops.

FWIW, if I'm wetting a 5 gallon bucket of pro mix it takes around 3 gallons of water to get the job done the first time. After that, just regular waterings.

Think of a dry mop vs a moist mop AFA what absorbs water the easiest.

Just a thought.

Wet

What!?!

HELP THG! Something got stuck and way over submitted that reply.

Wet

Wetdog said:
What!?!

HELP THG! Something got stuck and way over submitted that reply.

Wet

Huh? Looks good to me. And I didn't know that pro Mix was peat moss. That is quite acidic, so pH could be way out of whack.

????????

Maybe it was my puter, but it showed my reply like 5 times. I thought my mouse got stuck on the reply button.

Yes, Pro Mix and all the bagged mixes pretty much are peat based and for sure will get acidic. Even the ones with the added lime don't have enough lime added and the pH just gets wonky a little later than sooner especially when the peat starts breaking down.

Wet

remember888 said:
Hi everybody allow to pick your brains please. I'm on my first grow and I picked up some hash plant clones from a friend getting large yields. When I picked them up they were in 32oz cups and a little further along than I realized about 10 inchesin height and stocky there werevonly 3 ready so I grabbed those to get started and get a feel for the strain while waiting on a full order I took home andbimmediately threw into veg under 1 of my 1000 watt hps lights while still in cup 18" off top of plant 77 degree room 50-56 percent humidity feeding only water for 3 days they immediately thickend up and jumped 3inches nice and green I was preparing to start the pure essentials black label veg feeding schedule so I decided to transplant the same day I started nute program due to friends experience in rapid growth when starting black label. I grabbed 7 gallon fabric pots and a medium combo of 1 bail pro mix 1 bag happy frog. I then placed plants in pot and mixed my nutes in my gallon water jugs
And began to water each plant until soil was moist which i think is where I went a little wrong. The next day I noticed the plants a little wilty looking and some leaves curled under appearing over watered and I've been letting it dry with no more watering andvthe leaves r pepping back up but have a few small yellow spots on a few leaves. I'm thinking jumping to seven gal to get soil damp was just to much water and nutes? How bout you all and how do I correct. Thanks everybody

fans and more fans. want to dry out quick, fans. goodluck!!:p

ProMix is peat, vermiculite, and perlite. In itself it holds a neutral ph.

Melvan said:
ProMix is peat, vermiculite, and perlite. In itself it holds a neutral ph.

Does ProMix have some lime added? IDK, since I make my mix from scratch, but there is no way a peat based mix holds a neutral pH without lime. That stuff is way acidic.

This comes from many years of using peat moss, not something I read somewhere.

Not trying to argue, just stating my experience with the stuff.

Wet

Pro-Mix had lime add to it. Once you get a good biomass in the "soil" mix the ph will balance itself to around 6.4+/-

I use promix....... I add lime as advised to do so here.
about one cup per cubic foot. It was Chef or HCH who advised me to do so....... sorry can't remember which one........ it works well for me.

If there's a way to post pics from phone I would love to put some up. They were clipped 4 weeks previous to me getting when I removed from the cup it had lots of roots poking out the sided and the roots were thick and coiling around bottom of cup at trans plant my ph is 6.0 going in and my tun off comes out at 5.5 I don't think they stretched for the fact that they have developed very thick stalks and are bushy and developing tons of bud sites not scrawny at all my room is an 8x4 and has 3 1000 watt lights with aircoolefreflectors with an 8" inline fan blowing out roof and pullin through 15x26 can filter eliminating odor I'm only using the one light due to only 3 plants but have 17 more coming in one week behind for total of 20 under 3000 watts in 8x4. I left the plants alone to dry last 2 days and they have really perked up as of today and r really green with maybe one leaf per plant that has yellow spots so I was worried at first but I'm pretty content with them now butt I hope I answered your questions and if u can do it from phone I will definately post pics thanks everybody!

I'm not sure about the pro mix having lime already in it but I do know it is a neutral ph

Latest posts

Back