Transplanting from aeropod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDISGUD

yes it is
Reaction score
i have an aeropod cloner and my plants are held in neoprene collars so the roots will be hanging in the net pots,my question is....what would be the ideal transplanting medium that i would have in my 5inch DWC net pots wich i will be transplanting too....thanks;)

thanks HG i already have a bag somewere so thats cool,.....so i just place the roots in the 5inch pot and cover with the clayballs ?

also do i keep my nutrient solution level halfway up the 5inch net pot at all times or just under halfway ?....many thanks

BUDISGUD said:
thanks HG i already have a bag somewere so thats cool,.....so i just place the roots in the 5inch pot and cover with the clayballs ?

also do i keep my nutrient solution level halfway up the 5inch net pot at all times or just under halfway ?....many thanks

Well, I generally hold the plant so that some roots rest on the bottom of the net pot. I gently fill the net pot with hydrotron. I keep the nute solution just above the bottom of the net pot until the roots start growing through. I lower the level of the solution as the roots grow into it. Are they ready for nutes yet? I generally start with just pH'd water when they first go from the cloner to the DWC.

Be sure to rinse the hydrotron well. I use a collander :D.

thanks,....so it is just the tips of the roots that need too be in the solution and lower the nute solution as they grow ....what happens when the solution is really low because of the length of the roots...will they actually grow too the bottom of a 20 litre bucket ?

i havnt transplanted yet as my friend is giving me the first two clones (blueberry) they are in his aero cloner at the moment ,im just setting up the 2 buckets and letting it run for a day or two till i collect them,so they will be rooted when i receive them.

how long should i give just ph water before giving them nutes again?

is 21c ideal for the nute temp ?

thanks

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever done this. I'll be posting pics when I get to that point but I'm still working on my mothers. You take a three inch hole saw, cut out a Styrofoam disk, poke a hole in it with a pencil, and put it in the top of your net cup. Stick your clone in the hole and clone it like that. No more medium. That's how I've done it for years

BUDISGUD said:
thanks,....so it is just the tips of the roots that need too be in the solution and lower the nute solution as they grow ....what happens when the solution is really low because of the length of the roots...will they actually grow too the bottom of a 20 litre bucket ?

i havnt transplanted yet as my friend is giving me the first two clones (blueberry) they are in his aero cloner at the moment ,im just setting up the 2 buckets and letting it run for a day or two till i collect them,so they will be rooted when i receive them.

how long should i give just ph water before giving them nutes again?

is 21c ideal for the nute temp ?

thanks

I never lower my nute solution below about the 3 gal mark. The roots will grow all the way to the bottom of the bucket and you will have roots sitting in your solution. This is why it is important to keep your nute solution well oxygenated.

I would make sure they are well rooted before giving nutes. Start with a very weak concentration--1/4 strength or less. Overnuting plants can kill them in a matter of hours. What nutes are you using? That should be a good res temp. I find that if I keep the temps in my room good, the res temp is good.

i will be using Ionic Optimum grow and bloom by growth technology (2 part nutrients).

i will monitor my res temps when the light has been on for a week or so ...maybe i wont need the heater in the res but i thought id get a couple of them just in case :) .....i think il set my water at 5.8 ph as that is ideal,thanks for the help HG much appreciated.....nothing better than good advice :)

BUDISGUD said:
i will be using Ionic Optimum grow and bloom by growth technology (2 part nutrients).

i will monitor my res temps when the light has been on for a week or so ...maybe i wont need the heater in the res but i thought id get a couple of them just in case :) .....i think il set my water at 5.8 ph as that is ideal,thanks for the help HG much appreciated.....nothing better than good advice :)

IMO, you don't want to really keep your pH at a steady 5.8. Nutrients are taken up at different pH levels and there are some that you will be lacking on if you keep a steady 5.8. I try for a range of about 5.4 to about 5.9. Here is a link to a chart that shows nutrient uptake at different pH levels.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

riiiiight you are thanks,

....in veg mode would you give a lower ph? ,and flower mode a higher ph?...what ph do you recommend for both stages...thanks

BUDISGUD said:
riiiiight you are thanks,

....in veg mode would you give a lower ph? ,and flower mode a higher ph?...what ph do you recommend for both stages...thanks

No. You run a lower ppm in veg than you do in flower. The pH range doesn't change. Your ppms (nutes) will generally affect the pH of your solution. So, add nutes and then pH your solution.

But your saying you, yourself, vary the ph between 5.4 to 5.9 during all stages? What ppm do you run for vegging and flowering?

Latest posts

Back