Trichame is showing black tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Ok I have checkd my Pix on Trichame and one of my plants there showing black tips on the Trichame ball and by the pix, it still in the clear mode but I do see some cloudy going on..

So how long does it take from cloudy to Amber to harvest ?
Flowering for 2 months..

trichome4ch.jpg

Never herd of trics going black.Have any problems risen since you spotted the black heads?

Usually start flushing when the trics are clear/cloudy.So about 2 weeks.

Wise Man said:
Never herd of trics going black.Have any problems risen since you spotted the black heads?

Usually start flushing when the trics are clear/cloudy.So about 2 weeks.

The trichame in the pix I have posted, doesn't the first pix showing alittle black tip on that ball ??
It sure looks like it to me and if it showing that on my plant.
What u mean,, start flushing ?

It does,but like i said ive never herd of it.Dosent look like it'll cause any trouble.

I meant it usually takes about 2 weeks for a clear/cloudy trichome to turn amber.

start flushing ?

I believe he is referring to flushing your reservoir of nutes to only water...I think.

That firs pic shows a CLEAR trich.Then they will go cloudy,then they will start to turn amber.Depending on what kind of high you are looking for is depending on when you want to harvest.More cloudy and less amber is more a body high. the more you let them trichs go amber the more of a head high.so most people go with 50% amber to have a good head and body high.Black trich's are bad.That means it is past its window to harvest and The THC is breaking down.Hope this helped?

:goodposting: yup black is bad and if its clear its clear if its cloudy its cloudy if its amber its amber you cant judge a trich by its tip alone its the whole gland your looking at. and if it does go black you let it go too long

edit: and a flowering period is more determined by what strain your growing some can be harvest ready in 45 days while some others can take up to 120+ days.if your watching them youll know.

Can't be over do for harvest I been looking at the trichame everyday at night when the lites r off, can see better with the pocket scope..
I am going to look around town to see if I can Find a Big enough Maginfing glass to see the trichame in the light and that be a whole lot BETTER !!

Any body know how big I would need??

i used the one the offer from radio shack and just take a little snip off of a bud site (leaf) close to the bud and judge from it there shouldnt be a need for a bigger glass to see them but any thing that has more then a 60x zoom should be good enough.

Dubbaman said:
i used the one the offer from radio shack and just take a little snip off of a bud site (leaf) close to the bud and judge from it there shouldnt be a need for a bigger glass to see them but any thing that has more then a 60x zoom should be good enough.

I really have to look at the buds then the leaf, Done the leaf thing and all I see is clear and the buds are showing more of the color of the trichame and I do it right after the lights go out, I have found that it alot better to see !

I had harvest them today do to the color of the trichame being black tip and I have seen lots of amber but not in one spot and cloudy so I figure after 66 days it was coming to the end to Harvest..

This is my 2 grow and I Still a little short of Getting it right !!

As you can see in my Pix that I posted in the wrong spot on here, That my 3 grow along with the 1 1/2 inch that already flowering and this 3 grow I am already thinking I have a male in this bunch do to the size of the one plant of the 3 plants growing. Have to wait to seeee..

My Hps should be here in the next few days so better lighting will do the trick on the flowering...

Flyin; first thing they're spelled trichome :>)

One doesn't have to harvest the entire plant at the same time =>O

I've been harvesting with the notion that " I shall harvest no bud before it's time".>)

My plants mature from the top, down. So when they get close to harvest, I'll start taking portions of limbs, dry, taste, hmmm, maybe another week or days.>)

My point is; it's a matter of taste some folks need the head high of early harvest, some the body stone of a later harvest. It ain't like this is your last harvest ever is it?>\

And it ain't rocket science, some times it takes a month before I harvest the last of a plant, 'cause as ya remove the upper buds the lower buds get more light and mature just as the upper buds did, just not quite as big, O this means fewer popcorn buds by the way!

naturalhi said:
Flyin; first thing they're spelled trichome :>)

One doesn't have to harvest the entire plant at the same time =>O

I've been harvesting with the notion that " I shall harvest no bud before it's time".>)

My plants mature from the top, down. So when they get close to harvest, I'll start taking portions of limbs, dry, taste, hmmm, maybe another week or days.>)

My point is; it's a matter of taste some folks need the head high of early harvest, some the body stone of a later harvest. It ain't like this is your last harvest ever is it?>\

And it ain't rocket science, some times it takes a month before I harvest the last of a plant, 'cause as ya remove the upper buds the lower buds get more light and mature just as the upper buds did, just not quite as big, O this means fewer popcorn buds by the way!

Nh Thank for my Misspelled
Your the first that I have read to tell , that take portions off and leave the rest ! Well I might just have to try that on my Next Round..
Thanks

Thanx! (blush):>)

I've noticed that mj is surrounded by legend and super science, but it's a plant just like a rose for example, one wouldn't think about cutting an entire rose bush down just 'cause it has a few fully blooming roses at the top, would one?>D

Commercial growers can afford to harvest that way, I suppose.

naturalhi said:
Thanx! (blush):>)

I've noticed that mj is surrounded by legend and super science, but it's a plant just like a rose for example, one wouldn't think about cutting an entire rose bush down just 'cause it has a few fully blooming roses at the top, would one?>D

Commercial growers can afford to harvest that way, I suppose.

I would cut down the Rose bush if it Stuck me to many times !!!! LOL
I understand what you are saying and I will try that on my next grow!
Thanks..

Latest posts

Back