triches browning early?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowtoker

Reaction score
i am about a month into flowering. it is bag seed under 400 watt hps. its my first grow and i have alote of triches on all 4 plants that are starting to brown. is this good? just seems early. they never really got orange. i can get pics tomarrow. thanks for the help my plant look pretty good otherwise.

i suspect,and please correct me if I'm wrong, that you are talking about the pistils, which are different from the trichomes. trichs color is impossible to see with the naked eye,where as the pistils are the tiny 'hairs' that you see in your flowers (and subsequently buds).

A good time to harvest MOST strains is about the time where 70-90% of the pistils have turned orange, but there's tons of strains out there that are different and the pistils turn orange only several weeks into flowering. Some can even be harvested when the pistils are 50/50 orange/white. Going by trichome color is the only way to tell when the plant is ready for harvest.

Illusional Fate said it all. Harvesting by the trichrome color is the most effective way to determine when to harvest. Don't go by the hairs. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

Trich color isn't always impossible to see with the naked eye, especially if you have some bulbous stalk trichs. i can tell on a few of my plants, I mean I don't recommend chopping this way I would get a microscope just saying its not impossible

Latest posts

Back