trying to revive. pictures!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loolagigi

UP UP AND AWAY!
Reaction score
ok well i have had many issues. this is my first hydro grow, and have had lots of advice since then. it seems when i get so many ideas, i jump at them all. ver bad. so, i have been overwatering and over ferting. some plants are 4 weeks old and others 2 weeks old. bagseed under lots of cfl's for veg. i have flora nova grow for ferts. ph and tds pen. i seem to have been drowning my roots with daily waterings, "dippings". since then i flushed with clearex and things have perked up. i have let dry out for 2 days now, and some mediums are light and dry, and others still heavy and moist. so for the light and dry meduims i will be treating them tonight after consultation. heres picks for now. hopefully, and i hope this on noone, you can use this as a guide to revive over loved plants. thanks for being here. this site rocks.:D

journal 171.jpg

journal 172.jpg

journal 173.jpg

these two had no moisture on the top of cubes. the rest had dampness still. they can wait. for these two i will show pics now, and treat tonight. i will post again tomm to see if there is a difference, and share how it was treated. if i can fix these problems from help of friends, hopefully you yourself can look at the signs and use the same info, obvliusly only if outcome is good. and if bad outcome, what not to do, lol. thanks....:D

journal 174.jpg

journal 175.jpg

journal 176.jpg

Glad to see em still kickin. As you may remember I dont know much about hydro. But your growth seems strong still and will probably explode soon. Yeah there a lil sensitive at the moment but you know all the problems already, probably know how to fix it too. Maybe your strain doesnt handle exactly what others do and now you know to take it easy, seems like you've been gettin good advice. What up with the G.J.

growright35 said:
Glad to see em still kickin. As you may remember I dont know much about hydro. But your growth seems strong still and will probably explode soon. Yeah there a lil sensitive at the moment but you know all the problems already, probably know how to fix it too. Maybe your strain doesnt handle exactly what others do and now you know to take it easy, seems like you've been gettin good advice. What up with the G.J.
thank you for paying attention to detail. i can tell you have been following along...but you are wrong... i do not know the problem yet....just some small clues. i have, had great grow with soil, and i know... this is not soil. i respect this way of growing as i would respect any able way to grow mj. i am young, and i am stupid, but at least i am honest. maybe stupid is harsh, but i am sure you are hip.......i have been getting great advice, but unfortunatly i have admitted to myself that noone is here, nor am i there........each situation is diff in its own way, which i have read numorouse times......i just want good mj, i hate and dispise paying, seeing arrests, so on and so on.....sorry if i am rambling, got a hold of some special ganj, gatta go, thank you, all.....:D by the way, my journal took a turn when this all started, couldnt stand to stay in that "bad place".

well i got home today and walked in my closet. it smelt really good, like stinky herb. i opened the cabinet doors and they seem to be doing well. a slight yellow tint, but mostly green. yeah, they look bad, but better. and i am also hoping having the fact they are stinky that they are growing again. i have been letting them dry out. 2 of them have had 149 ppm and 5.8 ph, and one has just been phed watered. the otheres are drying out their mediums.

journal 177.jpg

journal 178.jpg

ishnish said:
what medium were ya using?
3" rockwool cube sorounded by hydroton. now that i think of it, next time i will not place them in pots or hydroton. this way i can lightly squeeze exess water from cubes.....

looks like some of the leaves are perking up. grow babies grow.

kalikisu said:
looks like some of the leaves are perking up. grow babies grow.
yeah buddy, they are perking up. three plants were dry this evening, so they got phed at 5.8, and str8 water at 56 ppm. i gently poured just som over the medium evenly intil some drained from bottom. here they are.....;) the second picture shows purple on new growth *** is it??????/ the third pic has a plant with leafs curled over...shes been a pain in the ***.......and the last picture shows the most recent watered.

journal 179.jpg

journal 180.jpg

journal 181.jpg

journal 182.jpg

journal 183.jpg

Looks like you do have the skills to cure a ill plants. Keep it up and soon ya wont be payin any more. There looking great for recovering.

growright35 said:
Looks like you do have the skills to cure a ill plants. Keep it up and soon ya wont be payin any more. There looking great for recovering.
wow, i finally got through the server......thanks for the kind words, i really needed to hear that. hopefully things stay cool and i can still have a sucessful grow. any idea on the purple color in the new growth? they are in the pics above. or an idea on the leafs rolling up?

Crazy Server. Really messes with a good buzz.LOL.UHH yeah I def dont want to be givin any advice but I guess wet wet plants will do that, maybe stressed out and need to relax a bit.Your probably doin what needs to be done and lettin them dry a bit. You and I both know with soil the wet and dry cycle but with the water I aint gotta clue. Whats up with Dirty anyway. I'd like to see someone give you some advice and good vibes. Maybe in Hydro forum. Dude just like you already said, slow it down and let them come back.

:D
growright35 said:
Crazy Server. Really messes with a good buzz.LOL.UHH yeah I def dont want to be givin any advice but I guess wet wet plants will do that, maybe stressed out and need to relax a bit.Your probably doin what needs to be done and lettin them dry a bit. You and I both know with soil the wet and dry cycle but with the water I aint gotta clue. Whats up with Dirty anyway. I'd like to see someone give you some advice and good vibes. Maybe in Hydro forum. Dude just like you already said, slow it down and let them come back.
yeah, where is dirty? hes probably just waiting for them to relax a little. oh boy i thought they were done for for a couple days. what doesnt kill them makes them stronger........update photos tomm night. we shall see whats doin. i have noticed new growth speeding up on some plants.:hubba:

not much change today....letting them dry out. ganna try nutes in a day or 2 maybe. cant really tell what to do next. i have a feeling they might need just more water, but maybe they need nutes. 200ppm sounds fair. hmmm, well see tomm. any suggestions would be nice too.:D

journal 184.jpg

journal 185.jpg

journal 186.jpg

journal 187.jpg

with my dwc i started with 50 ppm and just upd it every 2 or so days until i saw a bit of nute burn. seems to be working pretty well.

i imagine you have fans in with the plants. is there any chance the roots are drying out between waterings? hydroton is great for getting air to the roots- how long do they go between waterings?

Cannabiscotti said:
with my dwc i started with 50 ppm and just upd it every 2 or so days until i saw a bit of nute burn. seems to be working pretty well.

i imagine you have fans in with the plants. is there any chance the roots are drying out between waterings? hydroton is great for getting air to the roots- how long do they go between waterings?
trying to figure water schedule now.

:hubba: i folier fed 4 plants with flora nova at 210 ppm, at 5.7 ph. then i watered medium with phed water because the they were dry after about 2 days of drying out. anyway i sprayed under leafs good too, and cut off lights in cabinet until the water on the leafs is gone. wish me luck! {fingers crosserd}

journal 191.jpg

journal 190.jpg

journal 188.jpg

journal 189.jpg

See how much better they looked when you let them dry a bit. The purplin and yellowin is sayin FEED ME. Don't get feed me confussed w/ water me. Give those ladies 500 ppm's of 5.8 AFTER they dry a bit. The major dif. we have is you can't squeeze the excess out. Once mine are ready for 12/12 I add the hydroton and pot. yours are growin 4 sure, just droopy and stressed.
B4 you give up maby remove the worst lookin 1 from the pot and hydroton so you can gently remove moister w/ the squeeze effect. Or get a pot and put dry hydroton in it w/ a dry cube to get a feel for dry vs. wet

DirtySouth said:
See how much better they looked when you let them dry a bit. The purplin and yellowin is sayin FEED ME. Don't get feed me confussed w/ water me. Give those ladies 500 ppm's of 5.8 AFTER they dry a bit. The major dif. we have is you can't squeeze the excess out. Once mine are ready for 12/12 I add the hydroton and pot. yours are growin 4 sure, just droopy and stressed.
B4 you give up maby remove the worst lookin 1 from the pot and hydroton so you can gently remove moister w/ the squeeze effect. Or get a pot and put dry hydroton in it w/ a dry cube to get a feel for dry vs. wet
thanks dirty, been a while man. purplin is feed me huh? couldnt figure out what it was. the 4 i fed today didnt have much purple on the top, but the other 3 have quite bit....but they are wet, i will feed those three tomm. i would give them 550, but i am scared to.....i wish i could, but i just cant right now. if the 4 i fed today take a likeing to the nutes, ill bump up to 300-400. i got the drying part down now, i just read so much crap on the internet on the internet "ebb and flow, or dwc...feed so many times a day". good to see ya back.:D

Latest posts

Back