Turning pots to keep plants growing straight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffon

Reaction score
I was planning on doing a Sea of Green grow. My question is, should I rotate plants at an early age to get them to grow straight? They lean towards the light. Every day I was planning on turning them away from the light so they would stretch back and even themselves out. Bad idea?

Put a fan on them the air movement will strength the stem so the plant will be able to support it self. the air movement will stop the lean toward the light.

Its good to rotate tho in my book, lets the light hit all sides equally, which it wont do when you start getting out from directly under the light...

I use flouro sidelighting in veg also to srop the lean. If you have enuff lumens on your plants, they shouldnt lean/reach too much.

nor cal & PH both have good points. i used 2 rotate 1/4 turn every day then once a wk rotate plant positions. now i just use more light & more air flow.

chinaman said:
rotate 90 degree every watering i water 2-3 times per week in soil and works very nicely:D

good day

Yup. If you've got a repositioning schedule as well, I think it helps in that the girls on the outskirts of the lighting eventually get to the center of the room. I've got widows with huge arse side colas so I blame it on repositioning and rotating.

Latest posts

Back