two girls one pot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guerillaweedfare

Reaction score
Ok so I've been reading some threads about growing more than one plant per pot and now i know that you should stay with one plant per pot. Before I knew this however, I went and planted a few seeds directly into the soil and got three healthy plants all in one large pot. By the time they were about six inches tall i decided just to leave them - thinking i would disrupt the root system if i tried to transplant.

I put them into flower a few days ago and of the three plants, two are female. Now my only question is what do i do about the male? Should i just cut him off at the base or should i try and pull out the root ball?? any suggestions would help.

just cut him at the soil. how are the two ladies doing with feeding? are they takeing nutes okay? Ive seen plenty of great grows with more then one in pot. Yes most say is not good. But canbe done real well..have you any photos to share?

:48:

How big is your pot ? If it is big enough to accommodate 2 plants then you should be fine. and how close did you plant them to each other?

If they are to close and your worried about stressing the plant the i would cut it at the base. as suggested above.

Just cut it at soil level my friend!
DO NOT try to pull roots out if you even want the chance for the 2 girls to produce something. The stress and damage would be to exstensive.

Cheers!!!

thanks for the help guys. I just topped her at the soil today.

The other two are doing ok. Im trying to deal with the crowding with a little LST. One of them is about double the size of the other and I hope they will have enough room for their root system in the 5 gallon pot its in.

Ill post some pics soon.

Cut em and if you grow organic his root system will be broken down by the micro beasites and fed to the other two plants.

Latest posts

Back