Ugh one plant nearing death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papaya123

Reaction score
Ok sooooooo i go into my lil green room and to my surprise one of the plants have fallen over and it seems as if the stake that was holding it up has ripped the root and now the leaves are moist but wilted horribly, all the other plants are fine. I will get some pics up asap to give u some visual detail

ok here she is

IMAGE_074.jpg

IMAGE_073.jpg

hi papaya if the baby is still alive id rip the rockwool cube open and place most of the exposed stem into it as its stretched too much for the weight of its leaves.

pkj

You get that from not enough light or the wrong spectrum, a gentle breeze helps too.

All the others look great and they are under the samel light

Papaya123 said:
All the others look great and they are under the samel light

Papaya123 said:
The stems is about 2 inches, seems kinda long in my opinion, i was thinking about putting the light closer so that way i wont have any tall lanky plant but instead short bushy ones. Advice is much appreciated.

My advice is to take my advice.

You other plants are better but you should not need sticks to hold them up.

ok well imma go ahead and stick that plant right in the middle of the tray and i have fans blowing on it at the moment.

That's crazy stretch. How far away is the light? You should never need sticks to support the plants. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Have to agree with Hippy, I don't see much hope for that plant and usually I'm a "glass is half full" kinda guy

yea i figured so, o well in the trash it goes.
My plants are stretching a bit too much so i acutally lowered the light to 6 inches from the plant and now the plants are actually growing wider instead of longer been doing some stem pinching so i hope they will be hard as a rock.

Papaya123 said:
yea i figured so, o well in the trash it goes.
My plants are stretching a bit too much so i acutally lowered the light to 6 inches from the plant and now the plants are actually growing wider instead of longer been doing some stem pinching so i hope they will be hard as a rock.
Are you using flourescent or HID lighting?

hid lighting, Metal halide 600 watt
ppm is at 580 with a ph of 5.8, my other plants look great besides the stretching but that problem been fixed with a lil stem pinching and the light is stationed about 6 or 7 inches above the plant. The plants are now growing wider and the stems are actually building some strength.

How old is your bulb or did it damaged at all? You should be able to have that thing like 2 or 3 feet away and not have stretch like that, but don't listen to me I'm just high and spouting random thoughts.

Papaya123 said:
hid lighting, Metal halide 600 watt
ppm is at 580 with a ph of 5.8, my other plants look great besides the stretching but that problem been fixed with a lil stem pinching and the light is stationed about 6 or 7 inches above the plant. The plants are now growing wider and the stems are actually building some strength.
Do the leaves show any sign of heat stress? 6 inches sounds pretty close but if the temperature at the top of the plants is under control and there is bushier growth then it should be a good distance to stick with.

The plants have no sign og burn, i put my hand under the light and its slightly warm. Room temp is about 74 and the humidity about 40%

Latest posts

Back