Ultimate lighting set up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Newbud

Hello again :)

Found some info little while back about using 4k for cuttings, 6.4k through most of veg, 4k for last week of veg, 3k for most of flowering and 10k for final week.

Was wondering how many of you do this or what anybody considers to be the ultimate lighting set up is.

I would consider purchasing said bulbs if there is a definite advantage.

I will be setting up a new room in next few months so would like to do it proper, plus i just thought it may be interesting to see what people would use in an ideal situation.

Any info regarding different bulbs or where to purchase is also welcome.

Keep em green people ;)

Nothing like the sun...

...but if you are indoors, I think a mixture of MH and HPS together at the same time. Maybe some Flouros also if you can fit them in without blocking the MH & HPS.

when I think ultimate, I think closed loop freon cooling bulbs:hubba:

self contained freon cooling bulbs, freon is what juices your freezer.

not getting nothin on google i'll look when not so stoned, cheers.

Cheers for that, i already got the flux capacitor i been trying to retro fit it to an Audi its faster than a Delorean.

Shouldn't take long, back in a min :D

im going to post some pictures about my new customized lights ,

right now im using this which isnt that good because the lights are ontop of each other ,
the customized light will be done tonight , it will be a board with 8 cfl's beside each other so i can put them closer to the plants unlike this one. however the good advantage of this circle reflector is i can exhaust all the hotair out quicker from the big hole on the top.

light.jpg

light2.jpg

BuddyLuv said:
self contained freon cooling bulbs, freon is what juices your freezer.
this got me thinkin bout my mini fridge i got. its one them mini scale fridges that comes wit a cig lighter plug and wall plug. like for office or sumthin. i was thinkin of findin a way to rig it like an AC of sorts in like say my small grow space. and when ya talkin these cool tubes an freon... im wonderin if it'd be possible to rig up one them standard cool tubes and mount the cooling element from that fridge somehow wit a fan blowin or sucking the expelled cool air from the element in thru the cool tube...
im always tryin to come up with ideas for new things or ways to improve existing things etc but hardly can i afford to go buyin all the materials to be experimenting so maybe.
so just a lil idear for some you gadgeteer's out there who have the time and money on your hands or just might happen to have a cool tube already and one these mini fridges or even one them coolers u plug in to ya cig lighter in car.
i dont know exactly how much heat an HPS really puts off. and i know that them lil fridges put off a lil heat but im assuming no where near as much heat it would be eliminating..??

Well crozar i gota say that although its not what i'd call an ultimate set up i must say at first glance i really like the light set up in the pics, pretty handy for someone into the DIY CFL game.

Zipflip, you got me curious man.
Off the bat i'm not too sure but i'll do a little digging sounds intriguing

zip, if you put that mini fridge in your room then the heat it puts off would offset any cooling effect.

i have a cooling shirt used by race car drivers to keep them cool. it uses a freeon can and it has quick connect connections so the coolant goes through tubes inter-twined into the shirt like radiant floor heating. i use the shirt when i work out b/c i dont sweat, it keeps me from overheating.

Cool Shirt hxxp://www.coolshirt.net

they sell the connectors, tubes etc..

SSH

Newbud said:
Hello again :)

Found some info little while back about using 4k for cuttings, 6.4k through most of veg, 4k for last week of veg, 3k for most of flowering and 10k for final week.

Was wondering how many of you do this or what anybody considers to be the ultimate lighting set up is.

I would consider purchasing said bulbs if there is a definite advantage.

I will be setting up a new room in next few months so would like to do it proper, plus i just thought it may be interesting to see what people would use in an ideal situation.

Any info regarding different bulbs or where to purchase is also welcome.

Keep em green people ;)

Where did this info come from? I always have to look at the source before I give anything credence. In all my years of growing, I have never read this anywhere...

Posted it a while ago in a thread called 4k to 10k or something like that lol.
I'll look for the thread.
Strange you should say that, i read a thread on here other day where someone mentioned using 10k for last week i'll try find that too :)

It was originaly brought to my attention in one of the cannabis magazines i forget which one now, then i followed it up on computer

They are sunpulse lamps if you wanna do a little digging.

This pretty cool site, has the sun pulse lights and spinners and other stuff hxxp://www.lifelighttec.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
Here a website with a chart and a little info on em hxxp://sunpulseusa.com/ and heres a little bit here from a guy i came across else where,,,

Okay,
The science behind Sunpulse lamps has been discussed in previous threads and I thought I'd give them a try. I sprung for the whole line of Bulbs, (3K, 4K, 6.4K & 10K ), and I'm running cuts that I've been running so I know what to expect from the plants.

I normally Veg with T5 flouro's and then put them in flower with HPS, this time I took my plants that vegged for about 3 weeks under T5's then I transplanted them into 7gal smart pots, put them in the flower room and used the 4k Sunpulse for 7 days then switched to 6.4K Sunpulse for 5 days the back to 4K for 5 days then the 3K for flowering. Currently I'm 15 days into flower and things are looking real good. The plants didn't stretch as much as they would have with the HPS and I was concerned about that so I vegged them an extra week under the Sunpulse lamps.

The plants are lush and green and progressing nicely, I think the addition of some UV spectrum has real positive benefits.

I'll update as much as possible.

Peace...

And here is something else i found.

I thought you might be interested to hear this info on Sunpulse. They've been working on these since 1999!

These are nothing to do with "Sun Master" - these bulbs are totally new - they have been engineered right from square one, designed for horticulture - not a re-packaged street-lamp!

I believe they are releasing 4 types of Pulse Start Metal Halide (PSMH) bulbs in the UK.

3K, 4K, 6.5K and 10K.

4K is for seedlings / cuttings and for last week of veg.
6.5K is for the majority of veg.
3K is for flowering.
10K is for the last week or so of flowering.

It's the 10K bulb that's going to cause the biggest stir.

The 10K bulb has lots of UV. It's basically a "death ray" which causes the plant to stress and produce lots of resin.
Resin is basically nature's sun screen. UV fluro tubes don't have the same effect because they are not powerful enough to get UV incident energy to the leaf.

I have spoken to growers in Canada who have used the 6.5K and 10K. These guys have been at it for 20 years, they know their genetics, and they were astounded
at the frostyness!

hmm you gave me an idea :D
i will veg my plants with my CFLS for 2 days , and 1 day with a special UV spectrum light , i found it ill get the name of it and its power , but they are not very strong.

Newbud, thanks for the info. you starting a journal for this?

i want to see the Frostyness!

SSH

Latest posts

Back