upgraded my bubbler pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleSkunk

PurpleSKunk
Reaction score
so here thay are..........

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

so this one failed i think the light went right thru it started getting slime dont ever use that color.plus it was to big so i down graded and this is what i came up with.PS

Picture 035.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

i still dont understand how these things are made and how they work..you think you can do a little
DIY in here?

peace.

It looks like a nice home-made setup and I definately wish you the best of luck with this grow. Make sure to keep us posted on this as I am very interested in this method of growing also. More information would be great, if you could. Grow it big.

jjsunderground said:
i still dont understand how these things are made and how they work..you think you can do a little​

DIY in here?​

peace.​
theres one already here thats how i learned check the diy area..peace
these bubblers arethe best when working correctly,got rootage with my new setup ill keep u posted.

Correct me if im wrong, but i was under the impression that the bubblers were used to root clones and are not meant for a full growth... :aok:

a bubbler aint nothin but a dwc to form roots, you could use a properly made bubbler for a LONG time in your grow...would be interesting to see a beginning to end grow with one.

Firepower said:
Correct me if im wrong, but i was under the impression that the bubblers were used to root clones and are not meant for a full growth... :aok:
correct if im not wrong.

octobong007 said:
a bubbler aint nothin but a dwc to form roots, you could use a properly made bubbler for a LONG time in your grow...would be interesting to see a beginning to end grow with one.
it would be kool to see if u could do a whole grow in a bubbler.

basicly what a dwc is if you keep them growing.... cool bubblar man! keep um clonin!

Are you still tapped into this thread???
I like that set up. I was wondering... do the clones get sprayed at all? Or do the bubbles come high enough to keep the stems moist?
And what's that holding the clones up like that??? Do you have any more photos. Very awesome. You are so darn creative!
:peace:

I'm about to try one out myself. Same container as pictured in the DIY cloner bubbler-style thread, same color. Was hard waiting for that sealant that holds down the airstones to dry/cure.
I'm using an air pump rated for a 60 gallon aquarium, and 2x8" airstones. Same width tubing. I think I may try some black electrical tape, maybe with the assistance of twisty ties, to wrap the topside of the tubing and keep all light out. But some light penetration doesn't seem to mess up the clones in the DIY thread.

These things are great for cloning.. work perfect.. all you do is throw some air stones in a tupperware.. i used one thats like 3 gals or something small.. punch a bunch of holes in the lid... take Ur clipings and pop um in there... just keep the bottom of the stem out of the water.. the bubbles will keep water splashing up on the stem and they will root.. pretty quickly 2.. i also put a dome over them for a few days and mist them a few times a day....

and yes you can make a bubbler, put clones in it, and grow them there thru the entire life cycle.. i did this with 2 plants in a bubbler.. it was about 3 gals and during budding i had to fill it up a few times a day.. the only downfall is that when the plants get big they will want to fall over and just a hole or even a peace of 1/2" air line stuck in the hole will not hold them up very well.. i ran into this prob the first time i grew in it so when i took clones i put 4 of them in a bubbler and just glued the 1/2" air line onto the lid to keep the plants from falling over.. it worked out great.. they went from clone to veg to bud all in a 3gal bubbler.. no probs.. no misting, no water pump.. just the air stones.

The clones are usualy clipd below a node so the leaf stems are what hold it in the hole.. just drop it in there.. when it gets a lil bigger U might have to do something to keep it there or it can fall in due 2 weight.. eventualy they will get big and fill up the 1/2" air line and kinda grow around it.. hope any of this helps

oh and duct tape around the outside works good for keeping light out.. or just get a dark, thick tupperware.. works good also

A bubble cloner is essentially a dwc system. It would work for an entire grow but you would want to use pots to anchor the plant, of course. Just my thoughts. I'm high! lol. Take care and be safe everyone.

Well I took 11 cuttings from 4 plants tonight, put them in a bubbler pretty much identical to the one in the DIY thread. First time cloning! I haven't even sexed the plants yet, but these plants are around 9 weeks and full of branches. Things got a little iffy with the part about scarring the stem above the cut. A few of them got a little mangled. Some of the cuttings were cut through a node, others below, but they've all got 3 or 4 leaf sets and are around 3"-4". The final cuts were all made underwater, which I think was a good thing, because on several of the plants, a few tiny bubbles came out the stem when the cut was made.
Now in a couple of days those 4 plants will be put into 12/12, and hopefully the clones will live and we will be in the g r e e n

Latest posts

Back