Urine in hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If left to sit for a few days, it won't burn them

Do you actually know this person and seen his grows? I seriously question whether urine has enough nutrients to take cannabis plants through flowering. What is used for nutrients if he doesn't use urine? How does he deal with the smell?

If a dog pees on your grass it will leave a brown spot where the grass has died. Raw urine has a high salt content. I have heard people using diluted urine as it does have some nutrients and good bacteria in it. This however seems to be very shaky and you could kill your plants. Myself, I will stick with Fox Farms and EM-1 Microbial Inoculant.

Last edited:
Not sure I can wrap my head around this one.

There are better ways to grow than this for sure.
6095524578_2e2d3a3392_z.jpg

Yuck!!!:eek:

In 2012, Kim Nace, Rich Earth’s administrative director and partner Abe Noe-Hays collected 600 gallons of urine from friends and neighbors. The next year, the organization brought in about 3,000 gallons from 170 human volunteers. Rebecca Rueter, a board member for Rich Earth, invited members of the local women’s chorus to donate their pee.

Rich Earth hopes to double that amount this year to a round 6,000 gallons — enough to fill a third of an average American swimming pool. “We’ve given volunteers a few things to make it easier — some funnel devices and things like that,” says Nace.

Urine contains nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium — essential plant nutrients that are usually mined from the earth or the air for agricultural use.

The project aims to test human urine as a replacement for chemical fertilizers.

https://modernfarmer.com/2014/01/human-pee-proven-fertilizer-future/

I don't know if it's true or not but..... it's disgusting. LOL

Oh, hey gang, I'm having a party Saturday night. Do you all want to come over and pee in a jar for me. I'll show you my pee collection. LOL

Besides, I always remembered it that HUMAN feces and urine did NOT make good fertilizer because it is so different than ANIMAL feces and urine.

All I know is, the entire subject is gross. LOL

Besides, I always remembered it that HUMAN feces and urine did NOT make good fertilizer because it is so different than ANIMAL feces and urine.

They told you that when you were young, just so you wouldn't play with it. :D

LOL--I'm a plumber and I also find this yucky.

We do not use feces from animals that eat meat (including humans) as their feces general carry pathogens and parasites. That is why they are not put into compost piles. It is different with the grass eaters.

I eat grass..... Oh, that kind. Never mind. LOL

Hmm the more I know about growing the more I realize I have a lot to learn.
This talk of people using urine to grow stuff seemed like a myth to me.
Now I know some people really do this...ugh

I would think NASA has studied this quite extensively.

AEM/EM1 will take care of the smell and pathologens.

Last edited:
I pee in my garden quite regularly, not on the plants mind you...Just to save me the trouble of going inside...a guy thing maybe...

At my age, I just go when I have to. Doesn't really matter where I am. I just wait until it's full and then ask Mrs. Hackerman to change my diaper.

Old age does have it's conveniences. ;)

Latest posts

Back