Very Sick plant.. first time growing. HELP!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozzydiodude said:
When in soil the best way IMO is to completely water the soil and get a "feel" for the weight. Wait 4 or 5 days and "feel" the weight again. wait another day or two until the plant starts to droup a little and "feel" the weight again. Now water til a little(Pint to Quart) of water runs out. Now all you have to do is just pick up the pot and you will have a "feel" of when to water. just don't let it get to the droup stage very often. The bigger the plant gets the more often you will need to water.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate you telling me that. Also, is my soil suppose to turn to mud?

turning to a mud like state for a min or2 is ok, but more that that it is way to wet and not draining right

$5 bag of perlite at the local feed and seed store or wallyworld might evem have it that cheap creek sand that you have washed works to.

ozzydiodude said:
When in soil the best way IMO is to completely water the soil and get a "feel" for the weight. Wait 4 or 5 days and "feel" the weight again. wait another day or two until the plant starts to droup a little and "feel" the weight again. Now water til a little(Pint to Quart) of water runs out. Now all you have to do is just pick up the pot and you will have a "feel" of when to water. just don't let it get to the droup stage very often. The bigger the plant gets the more often you will need to water.

Yes, good post!! Keep in mind the amount of time may vary due to pot size and soil make-up.

cool. I need to get that. I'll need to transplant the plant again to mix the soil and perlite right

I also put hydroton in the bottom of my pots. You can use clean pebbles as well. Helps stop the holes blocking with soil. I mix about 1/4 to 1/3 perilite to soil. I grow in 4gallon pots. In veg I only water once a week. In flower once every 3-4 days. I use the weight rule as well. Just fill up a pot with soil only and feel the weight. You want to water when if feels like that or bit more.

Jericho said:
I also put hydroton in the bottom of my pots. You can use clean pebbles as well. Helps stop the holes blocking with soil. I mix about 1/4 to 1/3 perilite to soil. I grow in 4gallon pots. In veg I only water once a week. In flower once every 3-4 days. I use the weight rule as well. Just fill up a pot with soil only and feel the weight. You want to water when if feels like that or bit more.

Thanks Jericho, im going to follow that method. I'll upload a new pic once i transplant it again. I appreciate your help.

BudMan101 said:
cool. I need to get that. I'll need to transplant the plant again to mix the soil and perlite right
Alot of us use a root inoculant when transplanting, I am currently using ZHO, a rhizosphere inoculant. Promotes root growth which promotes healthier plants!

powerplanter said:
Could we get another pic. to see how she's doing? :)

2 weeks later ~~> after recovery. Complete transformation. I just want all you to know she wouldn't be happy and green if it wasn't from all you guys here on MP.

photo.JPG

its almost a month old now. When should i start giving it nutes?

It's still getting a little burn on some of the new growth. I think I would wait a few more days. It's def. getting stronger. GREEN MOJO for her. :)

I would think about not you could start on a very low dose of nutes. Looks like its about ready.

Latest posts

Back