wanna go big on grow room but got questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shake shake

Reaction score
hey guys iam a new grower even though i have attempted once already. i did a hybrid pot hydro drip system. i would like to know a few things from guys who have done this before if you dont mind.
1. whats the best indoor system if you going big?
2. best light souce to get high yeild?
3. which is more work soil grow or hydro?
4. best combo to get no less then 4/ounc off each plant (depending on the stran)?

1. You want to have at least 3k lumens per square foot
2. IMO you will want an hps for high yield
3. That is completely opinion and I'm sure many people will tell you either one
4. You're yield will ultimately depend on many factors, including but not limited to : The strain, lumens per square foot, ventilation, grow room conditions, the type of nutes you use, and how long you decide to veg the plants for as they will be bigger, hence more budding opportunities, when you start to flower.

Most of all the biggest limit on how well your grow will work out is how much you are willing to learn and read and research before you start your grow and as you're growing.

thanks dude alot that will help alot! i will be starting in the next 5 days so i would like to keep in touch and ask more questions as i go

I would reccomend starting a grow journal. There are alot of members on here that have so much knowledge on this subject. I won't even pretend to be one of them. I would like to help you out and I will as much as I can but almost every piece of info you get from me is something I have learned (or think I have learned) from this site.

Good luck to you

StoneDrone

ok i will do just that . hey even the little info you got will help me. iam so excited about this stuff man. thanks

hold up how do you start a grow journal?

go to the main forum and a couple lines beneath the general indoor growing section is a grow journal section

I'd recommend buying a couple of books before you start. It might save you a bunch of money by guiding you on what to buy and what not to buy. It might prevent major catastrophes before they happen. Or if something bad comes up, you will have the information handy for how to deal with it. The first two books I tell people to consider are: 1) Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes, and 2) Marijuana Garden Saver by J.C. Stitch.

You can often find some clips of Jorge Cervantes' videos on YouTube. Excellent information, and best of all it's free!

Good luck on your quest.

stonedrone said:
1. You want to have at least 3k lumens per square foot
2. IMO you will want an hps for high yield
3. That is completely opinion and I'm sure many people will tell you either one
4. You're yield will ultimately depend on many factors, including but not limited to : The strain, lumens per square foot, ventilation, grow room conditions, the type of nutes you use, and how long you decide to veg the plants for as they will be bigger, hence more budding opportunities, when you start to flower.

Most of all the biggest limit on how well your grow will work out is how much you are willing to learn and read and research before you start your grow and as you're growing.

You should make a list with categories of the things mentioned (1. lighting..2.ventilation, etc..and go right down the list researching each thing that will be the best for your space...

and here comes the best part: when you have a million questions as you read and learn, you can come to this site and get the RIGHT answers..or at least some reeeeal educated opinions!!

good luck!

thanks a bunch guys!!!!!! i want to make you guys all friends to keep in touch cause i know i will have questions as i will keep a grow journal also

i have a partner that knows alot about this stuff but iam learning and want to know how to maximize my growing skills. if done right whats an avrage amount have you heard people getting per plant?

Iam trying to do grow to do 300 plants hopefully getting 75 pounds every 3 months. how doable is that guys?

shake shake said:
thanks a bunch guys!!!!!! i want to make you guys all friends to keep in touch cause i know i will have questions as i will keep a grow journal also

i have a partner that knows alot about this stuff but iam learning and want to know how to maximize my growing skills. if done right whats an avrage amount have you heard people getting per plant?

Iam trying to do grow to do 300 plants hopefully getting 75 pounds every 3 months. how doable is that guys?

No you will never get 75lbs from 300 plants indoors. How old are you?

.......WHY??????... does/must everyone be seeking to "get rich quick".. It serves only one purpose. To make us all look like street corner dope dealers. :( "Profiteers"... thugs 'n thieves IMO.
Why not just grow for personal consumption?.. Just exactly like farm produce. You ever come out of the store and find a sack of zuchinni or tomatoes in your car?..some neighbors excess from his garden. I have to believe, that mj would be no different "IF" folks would just grow for themselves and "stopped" seeing a gold mine.

:yeahthat: Right on, Hick!

shake shake said:
hey guys iam a new grower even though i have attempted once already. i did a hybrid pot hydro drip system. i would like to know a few things from guys who have done this before if you dont mind.
1. whats the best indoor system if you going big?
2. best light souce to get high yeild?
3. which is more work soil grow or hydro?
4. best combo to get no less then 4/ounc off each plant (depending on the stran)?

No questions regarding quality, just quantity.

And Pepper is right, no way to get 75 lbs every 3 months with 300 indoor plants. Can't happen. Even an expert with all the resources in the world would have a challenge doing anything close to that (unless you start with 5 foot clones:holysheep: ).

shake shake said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You're kidding.....right? I'm sorry, but you do not know even the most basic growing knowledge and you want to grow 300 plants that yield 4 ozs each in 3 months????? No, this is not doable.

This is probably not the right place for you. This site is is more for the smaller personal use grower. You obviously do not understand that the reason that we grow our own is so that we do not have to deal with drug dealers--people that grow hundreds of plants in a warehouse (like you want to do) and then charge exorbitant prices.

are you joking? if you have the space time money go for it make sure to buy a ufo you got to be able to get away at the end after all

well maybe iam a fool when it comes to the game and i dont know a whole lot of what iam doing. i do know growing plants but iam a bit of a dreamer also. and as far as hick u right but iam also right too. i was always told if it dont make dollars then it dont make sense. not saying i was going to sell i was just tryna to do somthing big. i dont have nothing else to do and i look at a challanging project for me. you only live once why not do everything u dreamed of doing. why dont u tell me what make since when it comes to the yeild of one plant in (good) conditions? and what would happen if you multiply that to 40 or 80 plants? why noy think big. i got money so iam not doing it for the money iam doing it for the sport! its a difference

after all its just a question. and i do mostly everything i do in this life for sport. what else u do when u got 200 mil and have done everything else. dont take offense guys. didnt mean to sound like a dealer. iam far from that

hmmm. 'spose the cops or the public would see the "sport" in it??.. ;)

i guess you right. guess i will just go back to plan a. grow for personal usage. i was just high and thinking crazy i guess. glad you mad sense to me lol. sounds crazy anyway

If you want in for the sport do a LOT smaller grow. 6 plants is still a lot of fun. I know what you can do with that 200 mill. Hook me up with some of it lol.

Latest posts

Back