wanna help me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marywanna

Reaction score
Well everyone i have a little problem.....i had built a box that was 1.5x1.5x3 and it was looking really good until we put the lights in. Well here is my question(1) When i had put the lights (which are 3 CFLS that equal 5,900 lummens) i had alot of light coming through...I was wondering if anyone knows a way i could stop the light from coming out...I am also having a problem with heat so i was thinking about putting in a small vent that about the size of a cd case , and adding fans.So if anyone knows how i could stop light from coming out...please post

P.S. the box is going to be going in my room which is usually like 65 degrees, if that helps

Marywanna said:
Well everyone i have a little problem.....i had built a box that was 1.5x1.5x3 and it was looking really good until we put the lights in.
P.S. the box is going to be going in my room which is usually like 65 degrees, if that helps
Well, I'm not sure how much you know already about growing MJ.

The smallest growing area per/plant that I could see growing in would be what you have. That's for one plant.

6K lumens is just right for that area, but you're going to have a hell of a time keeping it safe from fire and cool enough for the plants.

Is there any way you can go with a larger area? I'll explain why I'm asking:

Except for the miniature strains like Lowryder and it's offspring, MJ tends to be a plant that likes to grow vertically. Outdoors with no controls, it can get as tall as 20 feet. Even Indica strains are naturally as tall as 6 to 10 feet without controls.

The controls I mention are LST, (Low Stress Training) and HST, (pruning).

Using those, you can get most Indica to grow within a 3 to 5 foot limit, but it's a challenge for experienced growers. Sativa's are difficult to keep within a 6 foot limit.

You have to consider your light and how far your plant will need to be from the light. In your case, using CF's, you could conceivably have as much as 2.5 feet of growing space left after adding your light.

The only MJ plant I know of that would be easy to grow in that space is a single Lowryder plant. If it turned out to be male, you'd be out of luck and have to start over.

If you use a larger area to grow in, I can show you how to maximize your grow. I would suggest after subtracting the space for your light and the container you grow in, that you have at least 5 feet of grow area, vertically and a minimum of a 2 foot by 3 foot area for at least three plants. That way you're being safe in regards to fire, you're giving the plants enough room to grow and even of 2 of the three are males, you'll have at least one female to grow.

Good luck man. Let me know if you have a way to use more space. It would make your grow possible. In the box you have now, I wouldn't suggest growing at all.

Alright..I think i should of said that i am going to be only growing in there for about 2 or 3 weeks and then replant them outside...Im going to be using the LST but im not sure on the other one...Im to scared that i might mess my plants up..The Strain that i am going to be using is White Widow from nirvana seeds......Stoney do you still think i should grow in there..or just go ahead and plant them outside

Thanks For All of the Help!:)

Get em started ID. then you'll still have to acclimate them to OD. but you are late in the game for OD and seed starts. Clones woulda been better IMO. You'll still get herb, but your yield gonna suffer. This shoulda been done a month or two ago for future reference.

Don't be scared of LST man. I was my first time but its easy, just be gentle is all.

If it was me... I'd get a grow box for 2-3 plants. find a female keep her in veg. and use clones for next years OD grow. that way all your OD efforts will be on females, not potential males. ;)

So mutt if i start growing outdoors in about 2 to 3 weeks then my yeild is going to be very low?

Its just past the solstice (I think I don't keep track much anymore). That means the days will be getting shorter. Less light. This means the giant Halide in the sky is telling nature to initiate flowering. So your plants did not have a long vegatative cycle thus will be smaller and less yeild. More Veg..bigger plant...bigger yeild. but you will still get buds though.

Latest posts

Back