Warning Will Robinson!!!!!!danger!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozman

Reaction score
Well I kinda forgot I had not upgraded my light timer yet.
I was walking down the hallway and I smelled something like plastic getting hot,I almost paniced,I started looking for the smell,I went straight to my timer,this is what I found,it was HOT,plastic was soft.I unplugged let my lights kool down,and restarted my lights.Tomorrow I go hunting for a new heavier duty timer,and tap.

:holysheep: :eek: :shocked: :doh:

100_2027 (Medium).JPG

100_2028 (Medium).JPG

OMG lucky u were there...better pay that good karma forward.

wow.... i'd hate to even think of what would've happened had you not been home to catch it in time....

great save!

Fear Fear !!! Glad that you where home there ozman !!! Hate to think what could of happen.:eek:

Angles on ur side.!;)

By the way get rid of that adaptor, that what cause the smell.! Timer would of been Good by it self in the outlet.. Only plug in one thing into a time.

Make sure that the timer you buy will handle the amperage you are putting through it.

You have been very lucky Oz !

Someone was looking over you at this moment.

Accept the warning and dont overload a socket again.

:peace:

do you need to upgrade once in awhile or did you increase your lights power and forgot the timer

Hey Everybody,the timer was sold by timex,capacity as stated by them,15 amps,1875 watts,15 amps tungsten.
I was pulling a 600 watt hps dig ballast,and a 400 watt hps dig ballast.So I didnt figure that was overloading anything....Im thinking the multi tap is the culprit,but it is rated at 15 amps,at most would be 1o amp so within stated load.
I dunno just glad I caught it in time.

moisture will do it to.if you say you where under 15 amps or just a defective. gfci my fried they save lives small cost to pay

That just to show us all that we NEED to take more time and look things over and not assume all is ok...

Thanks Ozman for your Thread.!!!;)

Latest posts

Back