water pump problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brushybill

Reaction score
i have set up an ebb and flow system, which i am running for a few days before i start growing , to make sure everything is up to par.
on two occasions i have had to disconnect the pump in order to get water flowing, i have a 1/2" supply with a 3/4" drain , does this sound like a bad pump or an air lock?:confused2:

i think it is 400gph, it will flood a 2x3.5x7" tray in 3 min so it seems to have plenty of flow

did you have to unplug it or disconnect the tubing?

maybe you need a bigger supply line (3/4") and return? is it having a hard time pumping through the 1/2 inch line? how big is the rezz?

15 gal res, it sems to flow very well when it runs. i have been disconnecting the hose and adjusting the flow valve open and closed which seems to get things moving

a 15 gal rezz for that size pump is small....

how many plants? might need a bigger rezz.

no, i am pumping 2/3 of my res into the tray and recirculating it for 15 min before draining do you think i should put a hose clamp on the hose?
i dont have any plants yet , but am planing on 2 or 3 if i get this fixed

2-3 plants for that small of a rezz will be fine. try and tweak the pumps and hoses and see if that will work.

norcal may be right about the pump ******* air.

you need to watch the rezz an entire cycle and see whats going on....

maybe ill have a few tokes and sit and watch my set up do its thing, i can think of worse ways to spend my time

Make sure you are feeding through the bottom of the reservoir and there is no way to syphon or your pump will cavitate.

Latest posts

Back