Water runoff ph 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdog4

Reaction score
Hey, i got a question, I watered my ladies with ph adjusted water 0f 6.3-6.5 and the runoff is 5. Do I need to flush with a higher ph water such as 7-7.5 to stabilize? I have been having some leaves curling under and browning of fan leaves, could this be the problem?

IMAG03351.JPG

My deficiencies are a little rusty as I haven't seriously grown in 6 months, however, I can tell you it is a micronutrient deficiency you are having. I would most definitely flush with as much water as you need to get the pH above 6 at least. After flushing, give nothing but water for 5-7 days then start up on the nutes again. The deficiency should fix itself this way... no matter which one it is.

What should the ph of the water i flush with be? Would ph 7 be better and take less water to stabilize? I have 4 ladies in 3 gallon pots so thats 36 gallons of water from the three times the pot size flush I have read. My tap water is 7.0-7.5, would that be okay to flush?

Sure thing man. The "ideal" for soil is a pH of 6.5. Take your time, spark a doob, and flush slowly. There is no set amount of water needed to get your pH up. All I can say is don't rush it. Let the water filter through all of the soil. GL bro. You shouldn't have an issue with it.

Can i flush even if i watered yesterday and they dont need water? I flushed one the other day but i dont think i got the ph up very much, can i flush it again even though the soil is moist? The other 3 i watered yesterday and the runoff was 5 so I can flush today even tho i waterd yesterday? Thanks for your help DL. My plants have been good till now and i dont wanna hurt them anymore, i am so slose to the end.

Of course you can. It isn't exactly ideal for the plants, but it sure is a lot better than having your pH off that drastically.

Okay, I just flushed one of them with some tap water i had sittin out with ph 6.5ish. I finally got the runoff up to between 6 and 6.5(after 9 gallons). I filled up my water bottles to sit out till tomorrow so I can flush another. I hope this is what was causing my problems, I guess we will see. I need to get a digital ph tester, im using drops and almost out. It would be cheaper to get a digital, anyone recommend an accutate one. I would hate to spend 50 bucks to find out it is junk.

Latest posts

Back